Contribute
Register

2013 Mac Pro - My variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bamboreta, something I forgot about.... Instead of mounting the fan grill to the case, you may want to mount it to the fan itself. I am thinking of doing that, just to see if I can get a bit of the Mac Pro recessed lip effect of the real mac pro.

John thanks for the suggestion, still I don't stick the mesh grid on the hole, so when paint the trashcan (by the moment I only have painted the 3D copy) and I'll see if I think of anything. Yours is looks fine with the new audio connections, antennas and fan control circuit.

I've looked on amazon if I can buy the PCB , but not it's possible like always and neither have here. There is never anything, I start to get bored and tired of looking for things that are not sold. Regarding HDMI right angle pigtail I don't receive it yet. I have written several emails to Phil Sabatine ([email protected]) and has not answered me. Nothing! Waiting and looking for ...
I have had a few days holiday and I disconnected a bit because I feel like a fool and I didn't advance, it seems the never-ending story.

I'm crazy with the issue of BT so desperate I'm back to reinstall everything and I make a partition and install win8.1 and perfect recognizes the card and have the drivers working the wifi and BT , but under OS X is impossible because he can not fully detect it by the missing drivers although a part of BT is something odd with my system because I do not see any PCI card and shows no paragraph like the bluetooth section, only the USB hub device detects the Broadcom BCM20702A0 chipset on system profile. I have to write toleda so if he can guide me on how to fix the problem, then install the kext or update the firmware don't works with my card. It will be a half miniPCIe weirdo or something ... Very odd.

no PCI cards.pngno BT.pngUSB detects BCM20702A0.pngbt ok.PNGOK BT.PNGAll OK or almost.PNGBase Out.jpgBase IN.jpg

The PCI section is empty on mine as well. I think that is very common on hackintoshes. Mine shows up under USB as yours does. Yes, I think it may be time to ask Toleda.

Don't be embarrassed or discouraged by the lack of progress. I should take a picture of my "Pile of shame". The picture would be filled with all the mistakes I made along the way: Improper PCIe cables, bad CPU cooler choice, bad fan choice, 2 failed attempts at front panel audio, and a lot of parts that didn't get used because I didn't research enough before building.

As for the fan controller, it is not required. You can make do with HWMonitor fan control. It has advanced a lot since this project was started.

After I ordered the first HDMI cable and didn't get a response, I googled around and found out that he typically takes several weeks to respond. It was probably 3 weeks before I got a reply.

Your Product ID (ID del producto) is 3411 in hexadecimal. Mine is 3404. So, to fix it, try this:

Delete any copies of BCM4352.kext you have in /System/Library/Extensions

Delete any copies of ToledaARPT.kext you have in /System/Library/Extensions

Place a fresh copy of the BCM4352.kext file on your desktop from Toleda's repository.

Right click on the BCM4352.kext file on your desktop and select "Show package contents"

Open the folder called "Contents".

Open the file "info.plist" with textedit

Find the 3 occurrences of: <integer>13316</integer>

Replace all 3 with: <integer>13329</integer>

Save the changes.

Now use a program like DPCIManager to install this kext from your desktop. It should rebuild the kext cache after installing.

Reboot.... and hopefully it will work!

If it works, all credit to Toleda. BTW, 13329 is decimal for your hexadecimal product ID of 3411

The PCI section is empty on mine as well. I think that is very common on hackintoshes. Mine shows up under USB as yours does. Yes, I think it may be time to ask Toleda.

Don't be embarrassed or discouraged by the lack of progress. I should take a picture of my "Pile of shame". The picture would be filled with all the mistakes I made along the way: Improper PCIe cables, bad CPU cooler choice, bad fan choice, 2 failed attempts at front panel audio, and a lot of parts that didn't get used because I didn't research enough before building.

As for the fan controller, it is not required. You can make do with HWMonitor fan control. It has advanced a lot since this project was started.

After I ordered the first HDMI cable and didn't get a response, I googled around and found out that he typically takes several weeks to respond. It was probably 3 weeks before I got a reply.

Well you let me quieter that I don't need to build the fan control circuit and also with the HDMI cable if that is typical delay in answering as many weeks. Thanks for the encouragement to continue and clarify to me that either nothing is displayed in the section of your profile PCI card system. And now at least I know it works the miniPCIe card through windows 8.1 and that means it is not defective or damaged and that was what I thought.

Your Product ID (ID del producto) is 3411 in hexadecimal. Mine is 3404. So, to fix it, try this:

Delete any copies of BCM4352.kext you have in /System/Library/Extensions

Delete any copies of ToledaARPT.kext you have in /System/Library/Extensions

Place a fresh copy of the BCM4352.kext file on your desktop from Toleda's repository.

Right click on the BCM4352.kext file on your desktop and select "Show package contents"

Open the folder called "Contents".

Open the file "info.plist" with textedit

Find the 3 occurrences of: <integer>13316</integer>

Replace all 3 with: <integer>13329</integer>

Save the changes.

Now use a program like DPCIManager to install this kext from your desktop. It should rebuild the kext cache after installing.

Reboot.... and hopefully it will work!

If it works, all credit to Toleda. BTW, 13329 is decimal for your hexadecimal product ID of 3411

I think I already did, but I seem to recall that only changed entries 3404 by 3411 (hex) and did not touch the decimals and that was my mistake and I've been going around since about the same thing and believed discard it something done without success.:banghead:
I will do exactly what you say step by step without leave anything to see if finally works and I can go to bed happy without the damn problem of BT. Thanks!

:D Genial! Test passed and one less worry. Thank you very much, John (and of course to toleda:thumbup:). BT already works and those two numbers that I forgot to change were to blame. But it's hard to pair the devices, the BT is a bit lazy and slow to find my magic mouse and keyboard, and then lose the link I guess due to the antenna. I will change in the bios the XHCI enabled by smart auto if something improves. Anyway I have to start thinking about buying antennas, but as always yours are not sold in Europe. I bought only a spray of Tamiya (100 ml) and I don't know if I'll have enough. Do you could paint the trashcan with only one? And another thing I want to ask you is if your first partition is Windows, How do you manage to boot OS X without having connected the USB pendrive? Is that when I installed the two SO I confused me and put Win8 on the primary partition and now the default boot is that way. If it were two hard drives with simply choose from which to boot the bios and ready. I read something about the EFI partition and Terminal but not just convinced me, it seems risky.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• BTinfo.png
    BTinfo.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 177
  • BT devices paired.png
    BT devices paired.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 148
Good to hear that bluetooth is working now!

Yes, I have both Windows and Mac on the same drive. I think the easiest way to change boot order is to boot into Mac OSX, and then re-install only the boot loader in Mutibeast. It should set the system to boot into OSX first.

Only select this:
Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 11.48.37 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-04-28 at 11.48.54 AM.jpg

I used 2 cans of paint, but I did not empty them. 1 may be enough, but I started using the second before emptying the first. I was worried the first can would run out in the middle of painting the second coat and spit.

The external antennas I am using now require 300mm internal cables to make it down to the base. I also had to carve away some of the thickness of the base where the jacks went through so there was enough thread protruding.

These are the cables:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y6N5OQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the antennas:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9DN2D6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, I think any dual band 2.4/5.8 Ghz antenna with the "RP-SMA" connector should work. For now, you can just hook up the antenna that came with the motherboard if you can't find a better one. Maybe you have a router you are no longer using that you can take the antennas from.

Edit: maybe these cables?
Do these say they are 35cm?
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B004ULYQ1Y/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

Possibly these antennas?
http://www.amazon.es/dp/B00ITUGPI4/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

These are probably the last pictures I'll take. They are cleaner versions of some pictures taken earlier, and highlight the last changes made to the design...

The picaxe fan control board is bolted into place, and gets power from a SATA connector. Instead of a hardware solution, you could use HWMonitor and create a set of GPU temperature thresholds for the case fan to speed it up when the GPU gets hot. The picaxe solution has the benefit of working for both Mac and Windows, and takes into account both heat sources.

IMG_0756.JPG

Found a left angle power cord that fits and looks better than the white Apple cord. What you can't see in the picture is all the material carved away behind the antenna jacks to make it thin enough for the threads to protrude.

IMG_0759.JPG

One camera angle I never took a picture of was how the PCIe cables turn the corner above the power supply. You can also make out one half of the 4+4 CPU power cable is pulled down out of the way, and the Audio cable running to the front panel.

IMG_0760.JPG

No space left inside!

IMG_0762.JPG

This is the THIRD attempt at working front panel audio. Fortunately it works great... but explaining how to do it would be difficult. I had to file the edge of the nuts so they were narrow enough to fit side by side. After the jacks were bolted in, then the wires were soldered to the terminals. This means I can't remove the jacks without unsoldering the wires... Not that I ever plan to.

IMG_0758.JPG

Good to hear that bluetooth is working now!

Yes, I have both Windows and Mac on the same drive. I think the easiest way to change boot order is to boot into Mac OSX, and then re-install only the boot loader in Mutibeast. It should set the system to boot into OSX first.

I used 2 cans of paint, but I did not empty them. 1 may be enough, but I started using the second before emptying the first. I was worried the first can would run out in the middle of painting the second coat and spit.

The external antennas I am using now require 300mm internal cables to make it down to the base. I also had to carve away some of the thickness of the base where the jacks went through so there was enough thread protruding.

However, I think any dual band 2.4/5.8 Ghz antenna with the "RP-SMA" connector should work. For now, you can just hook up the antenna that came with the motherboard if you can't find a better one. Maybe you have a router you are no longer using that you can take the antennas from.

Great! Fast, simple and effective. It had not occurred to me reload the bootloader. Thanks John for this trick and for help me make buying antennas and cables because everything is more hard to get here even paying. Well, I assumed that your brand antennas were AIR802:

http://www.amazon.com/AIR802-Dual-Band-RP-SMA-Plug-Male/dp/B003DMFQ06/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398716791&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=air802+antenna+wifi+dual+band+dipolo

The Super Power Supply antennas are sometimes sold on ebay so I'll have a look before buying in amazon.es those coming from China and take a month to arrive. Everything goes for months ... The HDMI cable if it ever arrives ... Anyway, a lot of patience.

That antenna looks similar, but the specifications are slightly different. It says 5dB gain instead of 6dB, and it has a metal barrel instead of plastic. I would assume it would work, but then I have had 2 other antenna ideas totally fail to work.

Antenna placement is quite a "black art" and it seems only companies with very expensive software can predict how a particular antenna will behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back