Contribute
Register

200 series motherboards with native NVRAM support?

do you use native NVRAM on your Hackintosh?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600
UPDATE: thanks to RehabMan. i assume the native NVRAM support is now available with AptioMemoryFix.efi on 100/200/300 series mobos.

With AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi, you can likely get native NVRAM working (eg. working NVRAM without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).

original post:

are there known 200 series motherboards with native NVRAM support?

Last edited:
Most (all?) 100-series and 200-series motherboards can both run Kaby Lake and Skylake and "non-Kaby Lake motherboard" can mean X299 or any of a number of different chipsets, so the poll is a bit confusing.

thanks for the info, pastrychef! sorry, i had a wrong assumption that 100-series is for Skylake, 200-series is for Kaby Lake. my bad.

i'm not sure if/how i can edit the poll... what i meant to say was:

non-Kaby Lake (non-200-series. Z87/Z97/Z170) mobo
Kaby Lake (200-series. Z270) mobo

are there any known Z270 mobo with native NVRAM support? anyone?

Yep, just ran the test as shown here - without the emulation kext - and got the variable back after restarting.

ASUS Z270 TUF Mark 2, 10.13, latest available BIOS (1009)

[edit] Just to note, the variable has persisted through hard offs, resets, etc. So looks good for this board (these boards?) and BIOS revision at least.

Wow, I'm dumber than I think I am (and I think I'm borderline cretinous) - I was wrong.

ASUS Z270 TUF Mark 2 With latest BIOS does NOT support native NVRAM.

Last edited:
thanks to RehabMan. i assume the native NVRAM support is now available with AptioMemoryFix.efi on 100/200/300 series mobos.

With AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi, you can likely get native NVRAM working (eg. working NVRAM without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).

z270-p Asus with native nvram

I have MSI Z270 Gaming Pro motherboard: https://www.msi.com//Motherboard/Z270-GAMING-PRO

I cannot make NVRAM work at all. My NVRAM does not work even when using Emu VariableUefi.efi + RC scripts. Cannot use OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi = Couldn't allocate runtime area Error.
NVRAM does not work even with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
I have no idea, how to make NVRAM work on this MSI board. I dont have this board in my profiel. Just re-installing the PC for a friend and ran into these KabyLake issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back