Graphics
GTX 970 Strix
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have you checked out the Bitfenix Prodigy case ? Its pretty small and you can have a large GPU ! Ok granted your limited to a mini ITX board but it still packs a good enough punch :)

The bitfenix prodigy is one good looking case if your looking for a itx form build, I have one in orange and love it but I wouldnt call it small, I mean sure its a small case compared to a atx build but its big for an itx case but its win win really cos the airflow in that case is so good that with a good motherboard and decent cooling your get some great overclock results.
If you don't care about overclocking and want something smaller then check out lian li cases as they do some very sexy and small cases in matx and itx form that can take a full sized graphics card.

Tough choice between the 120 and the prodigy I have to admit , Both limited to M-ITX boards but they do look amazing ! I'm a little bias though as I have the prodigy in red and it really is phenomenal , And you can mod it so it does fit a MATX board ! Which I plan on doing in the new year.

I guess it comes down to personal choice when it comes to cases , Either of these I'd be happy with . Lian li do some fantastic looking cases too theaudiogod is right there.

Tough choice between the 120 and the prodigy I have to admit , Both limited to M-ITX boards but they do look amazing ! I'm a little bias though as I have the prodigy in red and it really is phenomenal , And you can mod it so it does fit a MATX board ! Which I plan on doing in the new year.

I guess it comes down to personal choice when it comes to cases , Either of these I'd be happy with . Lian li do some fantastic looking cases too theaudiogod is right there.

I couldn't agree more, I'm bias towards the prodigy myself and I bet it looks killer in red too. I love the orange one I have and I cut it up with loads of black and just looks lush.
I'm not a fan of the 120 but have used one for a build and it is a good case, when it comes to looks though th prodigy and some of the lian li range just do it or me..hehe

If you don't mind me asking TryMeOut why are you going to mod to matx?
What board do you want to change too?
I was going todo the same but I discovered the asus p8z77-I and with that board in my prodigy I hit 4.8ghz on my 3770k with no problems what so ever. I run as standard at 4.6ghz and the system runs like a dream.

Check out these 2 lian li cases. I've done builds with both and they are great little cases but you can't do huge overclocks using them as the airflow isn't he greatest. Saying that though I still hit 4.3ghz with a i7 3770k so its not to bad.

Lian Li PC-V355B
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-535-LL&groupid=2362&catid=2278&subcat=

Lian Li PC-V351B Aluminium Micro ATX Cube Case - Black
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-154-LL&groupid=2362&catid=2278&subcat=

I couldn't agree more, I'm bias towards the prodigy myself and I bet it looks killer in red too. I love the orange one I have and I cut it up with loads of black and just looks lush.
I'm not a fan of the 120 but have used one for a build and it is a good case, when it comes to looks though th prodigy and some of the lian li range just do it or me..hehe

If you don't mind me asking TryMeOut why are you going to mod to matx?
What board do you want to change too?
I was going todo the same but I discovered the asus p8z77-I and with that board in my prodigy I hit 4.8ghz on my 3770k with no problems what so ever. I run as standard at 4.6ghz and the system runs like a dream.

I have the GA Z77N at the time its all I could afford and couldn't wait ( Wish I did ) the I-Deluxe is a amazing board it was a little out of my budget . The Z77 is a good little board though I just want a little more ummpph haha....

Planning on a mod just because its a little different , And the obvious limitations on ITX boards.

Out of curiosity did the I deluxe need a modified bios rom ?

I have the GA Z77N at the time its all I could afford and couldn't wait ( Wish I did ) the I-Deluxe is a amazing board it was a little out of my budget . The Z77 is a good little board though I just want a little more ummpph haha....

Planning on a mod just because its a little different , And the obvious limitations on ITX boards.

Out of curiosity did the I deluxe need a modified bios rom ?

Yes it did need modding but it took 2 minutes todo and was really easy.
I was going to get the ga z77n until I heard that you couldn't adjust the vcore and that totally put me off simply because what's the point of owning a great cpu like the i7 3770k or the i5 3570k if you can't extract all the power you can out of it? (That's just me point of view though)

The only problem I haven't got to the bottom of yet is sleep. It goes to sleep fine then wakes up after a few seconds on its own. Mind you I've not really looked into it to much as I don't use sleep at all so it doesn't really affect me but I will make sleep work if its possible. :)
Love the board though and wouldn't change it for anything else. :) :) :)

From what I've heard from bitfenix is they are going to release a matx version of the prodigy next year at some point,
It will be interesting to see how they mod it to be matx form.

From what I've heard from bitfenix is they are going to release a matx version of the prodigy next year at some point,
It will be interesting to see how they mod it to be matx form

That would be good to see ! I guess I'll be better waiting to see what happens before cutting up mine haha.
If all else fails the I-Deluxe will be my next buy it seems to be win/win on all counts.

P.S Sorry bathowsai for kinda hijacking your thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back