Gigabyte z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i5 8600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi Everyone,

I've done my due diligence attempting to solve this problem on my own, and read numerous articles here and elsewhere, and none of those solutions have worked for me. I have a very happy working install of El Capitan 11.5 that I should be content with, but the sleep function is a must for me.

I installed with MultiBeast, checked the following options:

Legacy Boot Mode (i've never been able to make UEFI work with this MOBO)

Audio Drivers: ALC 892
Misc: Top 2 Fake SMC options
Network: AppleintelE1000e v.3.3.3
USB: 7/8/9 series USB Support

Bootloader: 2nd Option (Legacy Boot Mode)

No Customization beyond that

After install everything works great, however when I tell the computer to sleep (or it puts itself in to it via power management) after about 30 seconds, the tower's power button begins to blink, and the computer becomes unresponsive. Up until just a few minutes ago, the shutdown option was also not working, until I simply checked, "Fix Shutdown" in clover configurator.

Under Yosemite (which I used clover for before MultiBeast was released) I had everything working OOB.

I have already attempted the hibernation set to 0 in terminal with no luck.

Thank you for your time, and any help you can throw my way.

Have you tried with different darkwake values in config.plist ?

Yes, I have tried every combination of darkwake with no noticeable affect.

There is no disk activity after attempting wake, and the power button just continues to blink.

Hi Everyone,

I've done my due diligence attempting to solve this problem on my own, and read numerous articles here and elsewhere, and none of those solutions have worked for me. I have a very happy working install of El Capitan 11.5 that I should be content with, but the sleep function is a must for me.

I installed with MultiBeast, checked the following options:

Legacy Boot Mode (i've never been able to make UEFI work with this MOBO)

Audio Drivers: ALC 892
Misc: Top 2 Fake SMC options
Network: AppleintelE1000e v.3.3.3
USB: 7/8/9 series USB Support

Bootloader: 2nd Option (Legacy Boot Mode)

No Customization beyond that

After install everything works great, however when I tell the computer to sleep (or it puts itself in to it via power management) after about 30 seconds, the tower's power button begins to blink, and the computer becomes unresponsive. Up until just a few minutes ago, the shutdown option was also not working, until I simply checked, "Fix Shutdown" in clover configurator.

Under Yosemite (which I used clover for before MultiBeast was released) I had everything working OOB.

I have already attempted the hibernation set to 0 in terminal with no luck.

Thank you for your time, and any help you can throw my way.

Be sure that Hibernation is set to 0. Boot in -v to check.

Be sure that Hibernation is set to 0. Boot in -v to check.
Thanks, i'll give that a try. I believe I have run this command in terminal before as one of my attempts to fix it, should I also have "NeverHibernate" checked in my config.plist? (clover configurator ->boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back