Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97A
CPU
I5 4670K
Graphics
GTC 1080 Zotac Amp Extreme
Hi ! succesfully installed sierra on my desktop !
But I face some problems, one of them is resolution.
I own a gtx 1080, and I know there is no drivers available at this moment. But can I manage to get 1080p ? I'm stuck at 1280x1024.
I tried SwitchResX, disabled System Integrity Protection. But it tell me that the resolution I created using this tool was rejected by the system.
If someone know a way to get 1080p let me know ! (I'm not against using Igpu but I don't want to switch my cables everytime because I'm on tri boot, if the video flux can get "through the video card it can be a solution but I don't know if this is possible)

Thanks ! :)

I don't think you can change the resolution when using the EFI display driver instead of a full system driver, OS X will just use what it gets.

You'd have to get 1080p during pre-OS phase (e.g. at the BIOS splash screen and Clover boot manager). This can usually be achieved by disabling the CSM in your BIOS, so the UEFI has to use the EFI driver on your card instead of making its own. Otherwise you could try to use CsmVideoDxe in Clover.

Disabling csm result on unbootable pc, I don't know what, but when I disable csm, bios doesn't even show up. I have to clearCmos to get it back, stock bios parameters. Do you know why ? I will investigate CsmVideoDxe !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back