Contribute
Register

100% Success with the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no need to use FakeID for Broadcom WiFi.
Ok, I'm going to stop now. There is to many paths to Rome, and again @RehabMan is correct. Last night i struggled for about 3 hours getting wifi to work "again". Yes again !

So i have tried just about anything, deleting cache, resetting network settings, change config's (mainly fakeid for network card), rebooting in safe mode and then booting as normal, boot without cache, remove and then re-install the broadcom kext, etc. All for nothing ! Believe me, nothing worked !!

Finally i decided to boot into the bios and perform a commit / save (note : not changing any setting at all. just a save). Reboot. And then wifi started to work again. Picked up all the networks (heck even mars ..... :crazy: just joking)

This proofs the point @RehabMan is making and surely makes me a fool yet again :lol:.

Can someone make sense of this, because i have a spook in the system !. Why in the heck would booting into the bios and performing a save make this work. Have never seen this before. Does it trigger something in the mac to reset ? NVRAM maybe ?

Kindly Please post your Geek Bench Score for both single and multi core processing, i have seen this laptop in my nearby store, i am looking for a decent purchase sir
Hi,

Here is my geekbench scores. This is not the 64 bit. Only 32 bit. I don't have the 64-bit version licensed.

Good luck

Attachments

• Geek score.png
    Geek score.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
This computer model (Acer E5-575-51BZ) does not have the built-in capability for back-light on the keyboard. But the Kaby lake 7200 makes up for that.
The model you are refering to and the model you posted as the "Guide" are two different models?
Acer E5-575-51BZ
Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG

and
What do you mean by luck of back-light? is it hackintosh related or the manufacturer didn't include the back-light lighting?

Ok, I'm going to stop now. There is to many paths to Rome, and again @RehabMan is correct. Last night i struggled for about 3 hours getting wifi to work "again". Yes again !

So i have tried just about anything, deleting cache, resetting network settings, change config's (mainly fakeid for network card), rebooting in safe mode and then booting as normal, boot without cache, remove and then re-install the broadcom kext, etc. All for nothing ! Believe me, nothing worked !!

Finally i decided to boot into the bios and perform a commit / save (note : not changing any setting at all. just a save). Reboot. And then wifi started to work again. Picked up all the networks (heck even mars ..... :crazy: just joking)

This proofs the point @RehabMan is making and surely makes me a fool yet again :lol:.

Can someone make sense of this, because i have a spook in the system !. Why in the heck would booting into the bios and performing a save make this work. Have never seen this before. Does it trigger something in the mac to reset ? NVRAM maybe ?

Full instructions/requirements for BCM94352 are in the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

The model you are refering to and the model you posted as the "Guide" are two different models?
Acer E5-575-51BZ
Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG

and
What do you mean by luck of back-light? is it hackintosh related or the manufacturer didn't include the back-light lighting?

The guide was created by jackharvest and not me. He has the E5-575g-53vg. There is small differences between the 2 computers. Google it.

The E5-575-51BZ (my system) has no keyboard backlight. The E5-575g-53vg has that functionality. I'm not sure how the keyboard backlight works i.e. hardware or software. Jack will be able to tell you.

The guide was created by jackharvest and not me. He has the E5-575g-53vg. There is small differences between the 2 computers. Google it.

The E5-575-51BZ (my system) has no keyboard backlight. The E5-575g-53vg has that functionality. I'm not sure how the keyboard backlight works i.e. hardware or software. Jack will be able to tell you.
my bad, i must have confused you for jackharvest, but thanks for geekbench score, looks good for such a hackintosh cheers

@RehabMan,

What works 100% : wifi (broadcom 94352Z)

Need your help please. :banghead:

Have tried just about everything to get bluetooth working on this MacBook pro .

The problem is :

1. Bluetooth is not visible under System Preferences.
2. All the related kext for BT loads without any problems
3. Have implemented SSDT-UIAC.aml
4. Have implemented EHC renaming in clover config
5. Have implemented BT4LE in KextsToPatch

I have installed BrcmFirmwareRepo & BrcmPatchRAM2 using kextbeast.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext loads by default during reboot.

During reboot BrcmPatchRAM2.kext does not load. Using terminal kextload "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext" loads without any errors.

BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport does not load at startup. Using kextload does load it without errors.

Regards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
  • iOReg.zip
    620.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Library-Extensions.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 88
  • kextcache-output.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Rehabman.zip
    209.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
@RehabMan,

What works 100% : wifi (broadcom 94352Z)

Need your help please. :banghead:

Have tried just about everything to get bluetooth working on this MacBook pro .

The problem is :

1. Bluetooth is not visible under System Preferences.
2. All the related kext for BT loads without any problems
3. Have implemented SSDT-UIAC.aml
4. Have implemented EHC renaming in clover config
5. Have implemented BT4LE in KextsToPatch

I have installed BrcmFirmwareRepo & BrcmPatchRAM2 using kextbeast.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext loads by default during reboot.

During reboot BrcmPatchRAM2.kext does not load. Using terminal kextload "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext" loads without any errors.

BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport does not load at startup. Using kextload does load it without errors.

Regards

No bluetooth on the USB bus.
USB configuration problem, or your BT hardware is not functioning.
Test BT on Windows.
If working, configure USB correctly.
Guides are linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

No bluetooth on the USB bus.
USB configuration problem, or your BT hardware is not functioning.
Test BT on Windows.
If working, configure USB correctly.
Guides are linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

What more can I say, the wisdom ..... and to top it of you have not yet lost it with me, hence the patience .....

Ok, I know my DSDT for USBInjectAll should be fine. I have done that meticulously.

I came across this link : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.222266/

This is where things get interesting, I did not implement the rename of H_EC to EC. So that is fixed now !

However, using IORegExplorer revealed IOACPIPlane does not have an object named 'USBX'. This goes for my DSDT as well.

Questions:
1. Do I need to add this object to DSDT ? Is there a specific patch for this ?
2. My smbios is macbookpro13,1 for kaby lake processor. IOUSBHostFamily Info.plist is missing this info. How do I correct it ?

Thank you

What more can I say, the wisdom ..... and to top it of you have not yet lost it with me, hence the patience .....

Ok, I know my DSDT for USBInjectAll should be fine. I have done that meticulously.

I came across this link : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.222266/

This is where things get interesting, I did not implement the rename of H_EC to EC. So that is fixed now !

However, using IORegExplorer revealed IOACPIPlane does not have an object named 'USBX'. This goes for my DSDT as well.

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files.
You can boot with -uia_ignore_rmcf to cause USBInjectAll.kext to ignore your custom SSDT. You probably made a mistake.
Also, make sure you don't have "fast boot" enabled in BIOS.

Questions:
1. Do I need to add this object to DSDT ? Is there a specific patch for this ?

No idea what you mean by "this object" or "this".

2. My smbios is macbookpro13,1 for kaby lake processor. IOUSBHostFamily Info.plist is missing this info. How do I correct it ?

If you're referring to AppleUSBPowerController properties, MacBookPro13,1 uses USBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back