Contribute
Register

100% Success with the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacBookPro12,1 is Broadwell.
Broadwell does not have HWP. Therefore no surprise that MacBookPro12,1 is not enabled for HWP.
thank you for correcting me,

let me go back to the drawing board then

Hi @RehabMan: Ok, Im back and created smbios for macbookpro13,1.

I have ensured all FakseSMC sensors are aligned and copied to /Library/Extensions.

Problem lies now with sleep. Immediately when it goes into sleep after about 2 second it wakes and screen switch on again.

Running command : log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"
Gives the following output:

2017-07-13 20:29:09.180628+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PWRB XDCI (User)
2017-07-13 20:29:09.180630+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PWRB XDCI (User)

I have no clue where to start. I did see some posted on tonymac where guys relate this to DSDT fixes. But I'm clueless

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • IOReg.zip
    539.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Library.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • RehabMan folder.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Terminal output.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 81

I have ensured all FakseSMC sensors are aligned and copied to /Library/Extensions.

Problem lies now with sleep. Immediately when it goes into sleep after about 2 second it wakes and screen switch on again.

Gives the following output:

2017-07-13 20:29:09.180628+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PWRB XDCI (User)
2017-07-13 20:29:09.180630+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: PWRB XDCI (User)

I have no clue where to start. I did see some posted on tonymac where guys relate this to DSDT fixes. But I'm clueless

See ACPI patching guide, "instant wake".
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

or mac bo the following output:

Hey Dude I used your SMBIOS file MackbookPro 13,1 but without HMValue my CPU stays at 1 GHZ minimum

Hey Dude I used your SMBIOS file MackbookPro 13,1 but without HMValue my CPU stays at 1 GHZ minimum
You also need to set values in CPU. Mine idles between 500 - 900 Mhz
Keep in mind, I changed some of the smbios values, which IS not related to HW

Last edited:
You also need to set values in CPU. Mine idles between 500 - 900 Mhz
Keep in mind, I changed some of the smbios values, which IS not related to HW
Which Value In CPU? Can you Please Elaborate

Hi @RehabMan,

going around in circles with the "instant wake". I suspect I'm doing something wrong or have neglected something during the initial setup (about 1-2 weeks ago).

Process used:
1. Applied patch
2. Compile and Export to aml
3. Copy AML to cover/acpi/patched
4. Reboot
5. after 2 min logged in - Issue the "Apple sleep command". Screen deactivates. In about 20 sec I can see apple initiating the sleep and then after about 2 seconds the screen is activated.

I tried the following DSDT patches

Note: All patches were all done isolation. Meaning I used my existing dsl and then patch it.

1. Implemented 7-series-8-series fix. No luck

Tried the alternative way:

2. Implemented [usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) fix. no Luck
3. Implemented [usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) skylake instant wake. No luck
4. Implemented [usb] USB3_PRW(0x0D) fix. No luck

Log file report Wake Reason as:
1. PWRB XDCI (User) or
2. PWRB XDCI XHC (User) or
3. PWRB XHC (User)

Back to drawing board. Observation based on other articles on tonymac:

a while ago there was a fix for "[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1"

I can't find MacIASL scripts relating to "[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1".

I'm not sure if I need to perform the rename as well ?
I have tried to rename it myself using "Find and Replace" in MaciASL. The problem then is that the dsl compiles with 10 errors. 8 relate to "SYNTAX ERROR, unexpected PARSEOP"

Please share your wisdom and tons of experience.

Kind regards

Hi @RehabMan,

going around in circles with the "instant wake". I suspect I'm doing something wrong or have neglected something during the initial setup (about 1-2 weeks ago).

Process used:
1. Applied patch
2. Compile and Export to aml
3. Copy AML to cover/acpi/patched
4. Reboot
5. after 2 min logged in - Issue the "Apple sleep command". Screen deactivates. In about 20 sec I can see apple initiating the sleep and then after about 2 seconds the screen is activated.

I tried the following DSDT patches

Note: All patches were all done isolation. Meaning I used my existing dsl and then patch it.

1. Implemented 7-series-8-series fix. No luck

Tried the alternative way:

2. Implemented [usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) fix. no Luck
3. Implemented [usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) skylake instant wake. No luck
4. Implemented [usb] USB3_PRW(0x0D) fix. No luck

Log file report Wake Reason as:
1. PWRB XDCI (User) or
2. PWRB XDCI XHC (User) or
3. PWRB XHC (User)

Back to drawing board. Observation based on other articles on tonymac:

a while ago there was a fix for "[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1"

I can't find MacIASL scripts relating to "[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1".

I'm not sure if I need to perform the rename as well ?
I have tried to rename it myself using "Find and Replace" in MaciASL. The problem then is that the dsl compiles with 10 errors. 8 relate to "SYNTAX ERROR, unexpected PARSEOP"

Please share your wisdom and tons of experience.

Kind regards

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

@RehabMan, Yes I know I was pushing it without providing the details (evidence). I'm actually glad :thumbup: you did that as I would have wasted your time.

This is my mistake and I have to apologies. I decided to take a few steps back based on the knowledge that sleep was working without the need for any DSDT patches. So, I used my original dsl , compile it and copied the aml to clover/acpi/patch. Sleep is back !!

What caused the problem:

I have applied a few patches to make the system report the key's. I also fidled around with the ssdtPRGen but I don't think that had any effect.

Lesson learned: Always remove DSDT patches that does not solve the problem directly. I should have applied those keyboard patches (Notify events..) to my original dsl.

I don't have enough experienced and knowledge of DSDT's etc. I have looked at the differences but I can't say what is causing it.

Using online diff checker, Difference are:

1. Scope (_SB.PCI0) changed Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)
2. Scope (\_SB) changed multiple methods for EC queries (keyboard)
3. Scope (_SB.PCI0) added If(LOr(_OSI("Darwin"),_OSI("Windows 2012")))
4 Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP11.PXSX) Added Device (RMDT) to enable ACPIDebug

For now I'm happy :clap: to say sleeps works natively.

This bring me back to the problem I should have addressed.

This system is currently using 2 USB ports:

1. Edimax wifi, I'm still waiting (4 weeks) for my BCM94352Z (for internal wifi).
2. Logitec mouse.

For some reason the logic usb mouse does not work after sleep wake. That is my only problem.
Please point me in the write direction to figure this one out.

As for the edimax - wifi reset's itself and turns on.

Regards

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    772.7 KB · Views: 191
  • DSDT with instant wake problem.dsl
    777.4 KB · Views: 111
@RehabMan, Yes I know I was pushing it without providing the details (evidence). I'm actually glad :thumbup: you did that as I would have wasted your time.

This is my mistake and I have to apologies. I decided to take a few steps back based on the knowledge that sleep was working without the need for any DSDT patches. So, I used my original dsl , compile it and copied the aml to clover/acpi/patch. Sleep is back !!

What caused the problem:

I have applied a few patches to make the system report the key's. I also fidled around with the ssdtPRGen but I don't think that had any effect.

Lesson learned: Always remove DSDT patches that does not solve the problem directly. I should have applied those keyboard patches (Notify events..) to my original dsl.

I don't have enough experienced and knowledge of DSDT's etc. I have looked at the differences but I can't say what is causing it.

Using online diff checker, Difference are:

1. Scope (_SB.PCI0) changed Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)
2. Scope (\_SB) changed multiple methods for EC queries (keyboard)
3. Scope (_SB.PCI0) added If(LOr(_OSI("Darwin"),_OSI("Windows 2012")))
4 Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP11.PXSX) Added Device (RMDT) to enable ACPIDebug

For now I'm happy :clap: to say sleeps works natively.

This bring me back to the problem I should have addressed.

This system is currently using 2 USB ports:

1. Edimax wifi, I'm still waiting (4 weeks) for my BCM94352Z (for internal wifi).
2. Logitec mouse.

For some reason the logic usb mouse does not work after sleep wake. That is my only problem.
Please point me in the write direction to figure this one out.

As for the edimax - wifi reset's itself and turns on.

Regards

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back