Contribute
Register

10.9 Auto Sleep Doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K I'm back up and running. I used the macbook pro 9,1 instead of the mac mini.
Still have graphic glitches in flash player.

I don't know if it matters, but I was thinking more along the lines of iMac. Your computer is a desktop, right?

Flash works fine in Google Chrome, so I think this glitch is related to the recent v12 update. Chrome would be on an older version I assume.

The reason I didn't do imac was because this said that power management wasn't working, and it didn't for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist

Update: I just got the same graphical glitches when browsing apple's website and looking at the mac pro page. Since both of these problems happen in Safari, I wonder if Safari is corrupted? Maybe I should do a combo update?

Flash works fine in Google Chrome, so I think this glitch is related to the recent v12 update. Chrome would be on an older version I assume.

The reason I didn't do imac was because this said that power management wasn't working, and it didn't for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Smbios.plist

Update: I just got the same graphical glitches when browsing apple's website and looking at the mac pro page. Since both of these problems happen in Safari, I wonder if Safari is corrupted? Maybe I should do a combo update?

PM works fine with iMac, but there are not as many pstates used (same on a real iMac).

As far as glitches on your nvidia card w/ Safari, I have not too many ideas. I don't have any discrete graphics hardware around here, and I don't use Safari except to download Chrome.

I had the same funky YouTube issue on mine...

There are a few different possible fixes...

1) Right Click on any flash enabled web object (Like a YouTube video) and go to settings, then uncheck Enable hardware acceleration

2) Add PCIRootUID=1 to the Kernel Flags in your Boot.plist

3) Disable the HD4000 GPU in your MB UEFI settings.

I already had the PCIRootUID=1 flag (My system panics without it), so all I had to do was disable the on board GPU and all was well. Not sure how to do that on a Gigabyte board though :/ Only on my Asrock...

Someone suggested adding -xcpm to the kernel flags.

Using an imac13,2 smbios generated with chameleon wizard and that kernel flag gives me 6 pstates. However this message appears in the console. I don't know if it's good or bad, because the cpu is changing frequencies.

Code:
XCPM[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] registered
IOPPF[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] XCPM mode
XCPM[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] P[COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]state table mismatch [COLOR=#666600]([/COLOR]error[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#006666]0x12[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600])[/COLOR]
X86PlatformShim[COLOR=#666600]::[/COLOR]sendPStates [COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR] pmCPUControl [COLOR=#666600]([/COLOR]XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE[COLOR=#666600])[/COLOR] returned [COLOR=#006666]0x12[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back