Contribute
Register

10.8 Ivy Bridge USB 3.0 on Asus P8Z77-M Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Professional-M
CPU
i7-3770K (4.2 GHz)
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Everyone,

I've got Mountain Lion setup on my Asus P8Z77-M Pro (i7-3770K) this combo is working fantastic. The only issue i'm having is with the two Intel USB 3.0 ports on the I/O panel. USB 2.0 ports works as expected and i'v disabled the ASmedia USB 3.0 ports in the BIOS.

The Intel USB 3.0 port show up in "About This Mac" System Information but do not function properly. USB hard drive/flash drives don't mount in the finder or Disk Utilities. But if I attach a USB bluetooth adapter It works (but only on one of the two ports.)

Does anyone know of a DSDT patch or another solution that might get these intel USB 3.0 ports working under 10.8 Mountain Lion on my Asus P8Z77-M Pro?

Attached are some screenshots of my System Information. Both ports have the same exact Vendor ID and BUS number.

IntelUSB3-1.pngIntelUSB3-2.png

Whats weird these ports worked under 10.7.4 Lion as USB 2.0. (I was using a Sandy Bridge i7-2700K CPU as the time though.)

Thanks in advanced,

-Mrengles

PS. Any one else having this issue? Comments welcomed. =)

I can confirm this. No solution in sight so far.

10.8.1 beta USB 3.0 fully working...

In BIOS, USB Configuration page, what are your settings? My ports work with settings:
Legacy USB Support -- Enabled
Legacy USB3.0 Support -- Enabled
Intel xHCI Mode -- Smart Auto
EHCI Handoff -- Enabled

Mass Storage Devices:
WD My Passport 07301008 -- Auto
WD SES Device 1008 -- Auto

EDIT: forgot to mention - the above is with the ASUS P8Z77-I mini-ITX
Intel USB3.0 ports work, but stilll no joy on the AsMedia ports.

Like the forum member above said the Intel USB 3.0 port are still not working even with the public release of 10.8.1 on my P8Z77-M Pro.

If I post my current DSDT for BIOS v1504 and IORegistryExplorer export can someone take a look and see if they can help me find a fix? I just recently learned the basics for patching a DSDT, and still very much a newb!

Thanks so much!

-Mrengles

:arrow: View attachment P8Z77-M Pro BIOS v1504 DSDT.zip

:arrow: View attachment Robert’s (mrengles) Mac Pro.zip

Reason for Editing: Just added my DSDT & IORegistryExplorer Export. The DSDT has minimal patches, Errors have been fixed, also added Toleda's HDMI HD4000 (ALC892) patch for Mountain Lion, and thats it.

Thanks again! :D

Just updated to 10.8.1. No DSDT, running the 1504 modified bios and no usb3 support what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back