Contribute
Register

10.8 Ivy Bridge USB 3.0 on Asus P8Z77-M Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Asmedia USB 3.0 ports work with USB 3 and USB 2 devices. Intel USB 3 ports work with USB 3 devices only.

I just want to confirm the same behavior. What divers are you using for ASmedia USB 3.0, and do you have sleep working with this driver?

I just want to confirm the same behavior. What divers are you using for ASmedia USB 3.0, and do you have sleep working with this driver?

I am curious about this too. It'd be nice to have all usb functional.

mrengles: Do you have usb disconnect problems? On all my usb devices they disconnect on sleep. I have to unplug them and plug them back in. I wonder if I need to just do a reinstall and start over. Everything else is working on mine...

Also, did the 1708 bios update help with any of the usb issues? Is it worth to update from 1606?

I am curious about this too. It'd be nice to have all usb functional.

mrengles: Do you have usb disconnect problems? On all my usb devices they disconnect on sleep. I have to unplug them and plug them back in. I wonder if I need to just do a reinstall and start over. Everything else is working on mine...

Also, did the 1708 bios update help with any of the usb issues? Is it worth to update from 1606?

i don't have that problem at all since I started using the Clover v2 UEFI Bootloader. It's only been a week or two since I made the move away from Chimera. I haven't had much time to really test everything but my hack seems more responsive then ever, I'm able to use the recovery partition and such things like find my Mac and other osx runtime services that will never work with a legacy bios bootloader.

its very easy to use and install. The only issue I'm having is WOL, but like I said I'm still testing and perfecting my configuration. I have no doubts ill be able to fix just need to invest some time into fixing the problem.

Good luck everyone, I'll keep everyone posted if I make strides with the z77 USB 3.0

Mrengles

Port USB 2.0 device USB 3.0 Device
Intel Z77 USB3.0 ports (2 at the back, 2 via mid-board) not working works, but only after login (i.e. not recognised if already attached at boot).
Intel Z77 USB2.0 ports (4 at the back) works works, but at USB 2.0 speed (duh).
ASMedia USB3.0 ports (2 at the back)* not working not working

*turned off in BIOS. Same result if turned on.

Same results for me with P8Z77-M Pro with i7 3770k
I'd really like to have the extra 2 USB 3.0 ports.

Had anybody had good experience with internal media hubs (5.25" or 3.5")?

Works perfect. Right now I'm copying my video files from my external drive to the internal via esata.

Works perfect. Right now I'm copying my video files from my external drive to the internal via esata.

so, you have an extra power supply for your external drive? I dont have one, and the eSata isnt showing up, only when I plug in the USB cable for power.
hm, the copying speed seems faster though that way..

Of course you need an external power supply. Do you use power supply for your internal drives? An external drive is an internal outside a case.
USB is something completly different. If you use a 3.5" hdd (over usb) you still need an extra power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back