<dict>
<key>com.apple.iokit.AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport</key>
<string>1.0.0</string>

to this:
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</key>
<string>1.0.0</string>

I noticed in the kext that Tony posted had my device id listed with a string of "DoNotSupport". I replaced that string/key, and I can once again pair BT devices.

<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController_Dongle - D-Link</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.DoNotSupport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>DoNotSupport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8243</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Replace this:

<string>com.apple.iokit.DoNotSupport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>DoNotSupport</string>

With this:

<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>

Do a search of the kext for your device id, and see if it's being used by another entry.

I also did the fix in the quote. Im guessing it was the DoNotSupport that was causing my problem, but the quoted fix doesnt seem to hurt anything either. May have helped too.

I found the SOLUTION for the BLUETOOTH PROBLEM, posted by user [email protected]
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5304985

Now my Targus (Broadcom based) Bluetooth adapter works fine as before! Some additional detailed help:
First you need to find your bluetooth adapter's info, so open Applications/Utilities/System Information, then scroll to the USB section and check your bluetooth adapter's Product and Vendor ID. Mine is BCM92046DG-CL1ROM:

Product ID: 0x2153
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c

Convert the hexadecimal values to decimal with searching in google. e.g. '0x2153 in decimal'. In my case it's:

Product ID: 8531
Vendor ID: 2652

Now open Finder, choose Go/Go to Folder and paste this location:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/

Then open the file 'Info.plist' in TextWrangler (https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11009/textwrangler) and scroll down to the bottom of the file. I duplicated this block by copy and paste it back to the file:

<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - Targus</key>
<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8532</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Just by replacing idProduct from 8532 to 8531 and save the Info.plist solved the problem after reboot!

Hey. Just wanted to come on here and say thanks so much. I was ready to give up and finally this was the only thing that worked for me.

For anyone else's information. I'm using a UD5H Gigabyte motherboard and a Cirago 3.0 BTA 3310 USB Dongle. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I found the SOLUTION for the BLUETOOTH PROBLEM, posted by user [email protected]

Now my Targus (Broadcom based) Bluetooth adapter works fine as before! Some additional detailed help:
First you need to find your bluetooth adapter's info, so open Applications/Utilities/System Information, then scroll to the USB section and check your bluetooth adapter's Product and Vendor ID. Mine is BCM92046DG-CL1ROM:

Convert the hexadecimal values to decimal with searching in google. e.g. '0x2153 in decimal'. In my case it's:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/

Then open the file 'Info.plist' in TextWrangler (https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11009/textwrangler) and scroll down to the bottom of the file. I duplicated this block by copy and paste it back to the file:

<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8532</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Just by replacing idProduct from 8532 to 8531 and save the Info.plist solved the problem after reboot!

Hey. Just wanted to come on here and say thanks so much. I was ready to give up and finally this was the only thing that worked for me.

For anyone else's information. I'm using a UD5H Gigabyte motherboard and a Cirago 3.0 BTA 3310 USB Dongle. Thank you!

So awesome! Fixed the problem for me too!

Mo-board:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Bluetooth: IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521)

<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8532</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Can anyone confirm if the F8T065BF will work on 10.10.5?

Also does it work on bootloader screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back