Contribute
Register

10.8.3 to 10.8.5 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The combo update failed. Any ideas?

I tried running the probook installer even after the combo update failed and after choosing all the options the probook installer also failed. The combo update managed to mess up my system enough that I had to restore to an old image.

So I guess the best option is to create new partition, install ML, run combo update and start from scratch? That might work but I will have to redo all of my customizations, which is a pain.

Maybe I'll try again... can always restore from the disk image!

The combo update failed. Any ideas?

Probably kernel cache failed to build due to excessive kext rollbacks/excessive kext patches.

You should probably try a cache rebuild after running the combo update. Look in system.log via Console.app during the cache rebuild and pay attention to errors from kextcache.

Probably kernel cache failed to build due to excessive kext rollbacks/excessive kext patches.

You should probably try a cache rebuild after running the combo update. Look in system.log via Console.app during the cache rebuild and pay attention to errors from kextcache.

A little off topic, but how do you toggle the behavior of the volume and brightness controls from FN+button to just button? I remember the older probook installers having this option but it never worked for me. The latest probook installer fixed some issues with my 10.8.3 like the sleep bug and a quieter fan. Good work.

A little off topic, but how do you toggle the behavior of the volume and brightness controls from FN+button to just button? I remember the older probook installers having this option but it never worked for me. The latest probook installer fixed some issues with my 10.8.3 like the sleep bug and a quieter fan. Good work.

SysPrefs -> Keyboard -> "Use all F1, F2..."

Or you can toggle this option with Ctrl+PrtSc.

SysPrefs -> Keyboard -> "Use all F1, F2..."

Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 10.50.00 AM.png

That option has been missing for me.

Also, now my battery is not reporting the correct information. It is stuck at 97% regardless of whether plugged in or not.

View attachment 68507

That option has been missing for me.

Also, now my battery is not reporting the correct information. It is stuck at 97% regardless of whether plugged in or not.

try ec reset?

Code:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/106177-ec-reset-embedded-controller-reset-sticky-probook-ec-reset.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back