Contribute
Register

10.8.2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
successfully installed ML 10.8.2 but after multibeast and if i try to reboot, it stuck at white screen.. any idea?

I booted with -x and after it AppleACPIplatform.kext installation.
Had to use Multibeast Lion instead of Multibeast ML edition to get ML 10.8.2 install working.
This with GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard.

how and when do you remove this kext? is this after you have installed multibeast and installed the fakesmc package? then you press -x in which sceen? and how exactly do you remove the kext?

can someone please write up a step by step from the beginning on how to fix this problem? im new to all of this and im not really a computer wiz so some of this is hard for me to understand. i just want to be able to use logic pro on my desktop so i can make some music 8)

as of now im actually starting over and updating my bios to uefi and then trying to do the install again.

After you install 8.2 and multibeast with fakeSMC just find "System/Library/Extension/FakeSMC/Contents/PlugIns/OemSupport.kext" and delete it, you don't have to delete fakeSMC, deleting fakeSMC make your system unable to read the temperatures, so why delete it when it works?

Its pretty straight forward
1. Update to 8.2
2. If you have to, install multi-beast, in my case I didn't have to, already had MB installed.
3. Find the OemSupport.kext and delete it.

I booted with -x and after it AppleACPIplatform.kext installation.
Had to use Multibeast Lion instead of Multibeast ML edition to get ML 10.8.2 install working.
This with GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard.

Could you please elaborate on how to change "AppleCPIplatform.kext"?

Sorry first time doing hackintosh

1. page, fourth reply by "moviemakergr" is attached file AppleACPIPlatform.kext., download it.
You can go to /S/L/E and backup the original apci kext by copying it somewhere else.
Put the new apci kext in your Desktop and run Kext Beast to install it.

When I go to safe mode, my screen turns white but I can only see my mouse curser and nothing else...any idea why?

I have the exact same problem, it's just stuck with a moving cursor and white screen. This is in safe mode btw, won't let me boot at all in regular mode. Also, I can't seem to find my unibeast USB or its not recognized by the BIOS. Any help appreciated.

When I go to safe mode, my screen turns white but I can only see my mouse curser and nothing else...any idea why?

I have the exact same problem, it's just stuck with a moving cursor and white screen. This is in safe mode btw, won't let me boot at all in regular mode. Also, I can't seem to find my unibeast USB or its not recognized by the BIOS. Any help appreciated.

Same here. I read in another thread that you can push the power button to make computer to sleep and wake it up by pushing it again. The normal screen will come back. Unfortunately, my motherboard is Z68p and I haven't fixed the CMOS reset issue so I can't wake up my computer without a reboot. When I tried to do a clean install by Unibeast with 10.8.2 ML, I can't reach installer but stuck at this white screen hell. Yes, I know the deleting ATI6000Controller.kext trick but it didn't work this time. Without 10.8.2 ATI6000 kext, I can't even reach the white screen and stuck at Apple logo and the roller stopped spinning. After checking with -v, I found the booting process stopped at "lnx2mac".

I tried to replace it with old ATI kext from 10.8.1, same shxt. So I am stuck in a situation: can't boot into my original system (white screen), can't reinstall 10.8.1, and can't reach installer to do repair permissions on the modifications I made in original system. Now I am considering to change a new graphic card (using ATI6850 right now), or just quit using hackintoash and access my files throughtput Macdrive from a PC.

Thanks to everyone!!!

It works now after i change too many things

Same here. I read in another thread that you can push the power button to make computer to sleep and wake it up by pushing it again. The normal screen will come back. Unfortunately, my motherboard is Z68p and I haven't fixed the CMOS reset issue so I can't wake up my computer without a reboot. When I tried to do a clean install by Unibeast with 10.8.2 ML, I can't reach installer but stuck at this white screen hell. Yes, I know the deleting ATI6000Controller.kext trick but it didn't work this time. Without 10.8.2 ATI6000 kext, I can't even reach the white screen and stuck at Apple logo and the roller stopped spinning. After checking with -v, I found the booting process stopped at "lnx2mac".

I tried to replace it with old ATI kext from 10.8.1, same shxt. So I am stuck in a situation: can't boot into my original system (white screen), can't reinstall 10.8.1, and can't reach installer to do repair permissions on the modifications I made in original system. Now I am considering to change a new graphic card (using ATI6850 right now), or just quit using hackintoash and access my files throughtput Macdrive from a PC.

I have the exact same problem. I usually hold off until there is a good fix for updates but I jumped the gun. As of right now I cant to a thing, or at least cant think of what I can do to fix this issue since booting into safe mode does not help. I have been using Time Machine for backups but as of now I need to find access to another MAC to download ML again and make a UniBeast USB boot out of it. I may just try using the onboard graphics and see if it makes a difference.

I have the exact same problem. I usually hold off until there is a good fix for updates but I jumped the gun. As of right now I cant to a thing, or at least cant think of what I can do to fix this issue since booting into safe mode does not help. I have been using Time Machine for backups but as of now I need to find access to another MAC to download ML again and make a UniBeast USB boot out of it. I may just try using the onboard graphics and see if it makes a difference.

I disabled vt-d in the Mobo BIOS and fixed the issue.

Replacing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the one posted on the first page worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back