Contribute
Register

10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: 10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

sorry for the late reply but i just did´t check my inbox. maybe you can just answer me a view things:

1. are you able to pull a clip in the timeline and see the video in the playback screen,, but it just doesn´t move?
2. do you have audio working correctly?
3. what multibeast settings did you use and which audio drivers?

the board or socket you have used is very challenging because it´s not really supported. i normaly use 1155 socket, not 2011. maybe you should compare you settings to these:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn-12.html

he did a similar build. the text document you ment is the one for the cuda cards to be supported in premiere. that should be not the problem cause it has to work also without cuda support. audio driver you need the "without dsdt alc 898".

also try this:

Enabling OpenCL

The following steps will allow you to enable OpenCL on the GTX 670. This also works for the GTX 680 but other cards I'm not sure about.

1) Download the file "libclh.dylib" from http://rghost.net/39181502

2) Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and find the file "GeForceGLDriver.bundle"

3) Right click on this file and select "Show Package Contents"

4) Select "Contents" then "Mac OS" and you will find the original "libclh.dylib" file. Rename this "libclhBAK.dylib"

5) Copy the new "libclh.dylib" file you just downloaded, enter your password and restart your computer. Done!

Article: 10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

sorry for the late reply but i just did´t check my inbox. maybe you can just answer me a view things:

1. are you able to pull a clip in the timeline and see the video in the playback screen,, but it just doesn´t move?
2. do you have audio working correctly?
3. what multibeast settings did you use and which audio drivers?

the board or socket you have used is very challenging because it´s not really supported. i normaly use 1155 socket, not 2011. maybe you should compare you settings to these:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn-12.html

he did a similar build. the text document you ment is the one for the cuda cards to be supported in premiere. that should be not the problem cause it has to work also without cuda support. audio driver you need the "without dsdt alc 898".

also try this:

Enabling OpenCL

The following steps will allow you to enable OpenCL on the GTX 670. This also works for the GTX 680 but other cards I'm not sure about.

1) Download the file "libclh.dylib" from http://rghost.net/39181502

2) Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and find the file "GeForceGLDriver.bundle"

3) Right click on this file and select "Show Package Contents"

4) Select "Contents" then "Mac OS" and you will find the original "libclh.dylib" file. Rename this "libclhBAK.dylib"

5) Copy the new "libclh.dylib" file you just downloaded, enter your password and restart your computer. Done!
OpenCL works out of box on 10.8.2 for the GTX 670 there is NO need to do this.

LuxMark GTX 670.png

How ever if you have 2gb of VRAM or more... You will need to hex edit openCL or add the patch from Multibeast to remove Apple's memory check.

Search the forum, I already have a post about this.

Good luck

Mrengles

hey! sorry for the late reply. the thing is in osx quicktime is anyway installed in the system but if you don´t have the audio driver installed correctly quicktime doesn´t work right and also cs6 cannot playback. so you should just check it you got sound on your machine...

This is a very good point. While I did have Quicktime installed I never checked to see if it was delivering sound. After all of the problems I had I finally had to break down and turn this into a Windows 7 Pro machine but I am not happy with how it is running. It is "buggy" and it seems to have all sorts of little glitches with how Premiere Pro runs. In my old Mac Pro it ran very slow but at least it was predictable. I will try to rebuild the Hackintosh setup that I had and this time i will confirm that I have sound before giving up :)
I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks again.

you should buy a second ssd for osx, 120gb or so it´s less then 100$ and you can have a dual boot system and you can work on the ML install and still have the pc option when everything gets worse.

Benbumben:

I think you were right! I redid my whole Hackintosh setup, got the audio to work based upon some info from a different post and then found that my Premiere Pro is now working! I can hardly believe it. I do have two new 240Gb SSDs so I kept my Win 7 Pro in tact and built the Hackintosh on the second SSD drive so that I could have both. I am presently rendering some video after applying Warp Stabilizer on it (which is always pretty time consuming to render) to see if it all holds together. So far so good. Actually the render just finished and I can see that it is still good and now plays very smoothly as it should. I will continue testing as this is only the beginning.
Thanks so much for getting back to me with this tip and to the other guys who contributed as well.

good to here! hope it runs stable. you should load the latest premiere updates to keep it stable. while updating it sometimes overwrites the cuda gpu list, but just redo it then again...

good luck ben

good to here! hope it runs stable. you should load the latest premiere updates to keep it stable. while updating it sometimes overwrites the cuda gpu list, but just redo it then again...

good luck ben

Thanks Ben.
I just ran the Luxmark benchmark test and received a score of 759 using the complex room scene (if you happen to know anything about this... I sure didn't until an hour ago) :) It is rendering very fast with Premiere Pro so far so its all good AND it has sound. I am thrilled! Thanks again.

Pete

How ever if you have 2gb of VRAM or more... You will need to hex edit openCL or add the patch from Multibeast to remove Apple's memory check.

Search the forum, I already have a post about this.

Good luck

Mrengles
Is this different then the Fermi 2GB patch? If so, post the link or edit and I will add it to MultiBeast.

Is this different then the Fermi 2GB patch? If so, post the link or edit and I will add it to MultiBeast.

I don't believe so, I could be wrong though. I have a thread here at tonymacx86.com on the subject, just can't locate right now. I'm using my iPhone.

when I get back to my desk ill post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back