Contribute
Register

10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

Status
Not open for further replies.
I successfully installed an EVGA GTX 660 SC non TI in ML 10.8.2.
It is not natively supported but it works just fine with the Nvidia's drivers.
I would like to also note that I did not have to use "GraphicsEnabler=No", only the drivers.
It seems to be working fine.

Article: 10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

How ever if you have 2gb of VRAM or more... You will need to hex edit openCL or add the patch from Multibeast to remove Apple's memory check.

Search the forum, I already have a post about this.

Good luck

Mrengles
My GTX 670 has 2GB RAM and worked OOB with no patches required.

Article: 10.8.2 Brings Complete Native Support for NVIDIA GF100, GF110 and GK104

My GTX 670 has 2GB RAM and worked OOB with no patches required.

My 4gb 670 worked OOB also, but OpenCL doesn't. I need to hex patch or add the multibeast patch to enable OpenCL. Otherwise it just works. GE=No

I have been an advide lurker for well over a year and have built a couple machines using the procedures posted here. I am a little confused about the hex edit part are you to enter both fields then do a find and replace? Or find the hex and then enter the replace code? Obviously I am running in the dark as I have managed to jack up three different HD clones in this process. I assume it would be much easier to just get a 2 gig card and call it good but, either go big or go home. Actually thanks to my loving wife I am submitting this from my new MBP I7 15.5". Nice machine and there are a few things the Hackintoshs I've built don't have working that are on the MBP. I am still not convinced it's worth 1800.00us. But, it does offer a little more upgrade ability than the Air. I order 16 gig of memory and the add storage kit from OWC when I got it home. If someone could clarify the Hex edit process for me.

Thanks in advance

Ka_Jun

Can someone offer a little insite to the hex edit for 4 gig cards. I have printed two different edits and i was only left with a machine that will not boot. I get the permission piece, it's tje find replace part that must be where I am screwing up. I can foirn the hex line by only entering the find part and find. Then i enter the change and click find and replace all. Let me know whats the correct way to do it. I am ready to send it back

DJC

Can someone offer a little insite to the hex edit for 4 gig cards. I have printed two different edits and i was only left with a machine that will not boot. I get the permission piece, it's tje find replace part that must be where I am screwing up. I can foirn the hex line by only entering the find part and find. Then i enter the change and click find and replace all. Let me know whats the correct way to do it. I am ready to send it back

DJC

Use this command in terminal to remove the >2gb VRAM check for Nvidia cards. This will only work for ML because it will only patch the 64-bits.

PHP:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xff\x50\x68\x4c\x39\xe0\x73\xe7|\xff\x50\x68\x4c\x39\xe0\x90\x90|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL

Make a backup of original "OpenCL" before you apply this hex edit.

Good Luck,

Mrengles

Use this command in terminal to remove the >2gb VRAM check for Nvidia cards. This will only work for ML because it will only patch the 64-bits.

PHP:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\xff\x50\x68\x4c\x39\xe0\x73\xe7|\xff\x50\x68\x4c\x39\xe0\x90\x90|g' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL

Make a backup of original "OpenCL" before you apply this hex edit.

Good Luck,

Mrengles
This is identical to the >2GB OpenCL Patch in MultiBeast 5.2.

This is identical to the >2GB OpenCL Patch in MultiBeast 5.2.
My 670 is not working at all, used the graphic enabler=no in multi. When I start up the screen is tapered so there is about an inch and half of black around the edges. Then system just turns off? Any suggestions.
Im using the z77n-wifi

also in bios settings, do I set it to PEG or auto or IGFX. I've got it set to PEG, but no dice. Do I disable IGFX?

Hello,

I'm having a but of trouble with the GTX 480.
I can get the card to work if I type "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" on bootup, but if I don't type this I loose signal to the monitor before entering the OS.
I have GraphicsEnabler yes in the chameleon boot

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back