ATI Radeon 6870 HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] 10.8.2 6770 blank login screen w/ GE=Yes

I clean installed a Mountain Lion (10.8.2) hackintosh today, and unfortunately the video card I had available was a Sapphire Radeon 6770 HD. I flashed the BIOS of the video card to report as an ATI 5770 and had no problems getting everything installed. However, once I finished up with Multibeast post-install configs, when I boot up ML with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I get stuck at a blank login screen. It's just the grey patterned background, but no login pictures or anything to interact with. I can move the mouse around, that's about it. The computer will even sleep. I should mention the resolution is definitely native 1080p.

If I instead use GraphicsEnabler=No, I can log in and I have access to 1080p resolution, but I have no QE/CI, and the card is reported just an HD 5000 card. I haven't come across any topics that mention a similar problem. Since I can't log in, I can't tell if GE=Yes is providing acceleration.

I should also mention that I followed the instructions here. I'm pretty much at my wit's end, so I appreciate any help people can offer. I should also note that this is all over HDMI.

It took ages, but I learned that it was the default Vervet framebuffer that was causing the issue. Baboon and Eulemur both have provided fantastic results.

hi, I am not sure for you or not but work for mine Asus HD6770. Just go to Osxnet86.com and do search on topic Graphic card/ATI/Hd6770.
Then, download the kext and install using kext utility....At5000 at6000 and apple????.kext. after that, works for all. no need to downgrade your firmware to 5770. Go and try. Hope work for u man :)

10.8.2 HD 6770 Stuck at a blank login screen

I have tried with a R6770. I get stuck at a blank login screen. It's just the gray patterned background, but no pictures or anything login to interact.

10.8.2 (12C60)

Try installing the kext offered on this web site but nothing has worked still gives the same problem, someone could give me a solution has this problem?
http://www.osx86.net/view/3185-radeon_hd_6770_full_qe-ci!_mountain_lion.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back