Contribute
Register

10.7.4 install post tasks and multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added some screenshots I took during the process.

More specific Details of my Notebook:
-HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) Intel® Core™ i3-2350M [email protected]
-4096 MB RAM
-Graphics 3000
-500GB HDD 5400 rpm DVD Super Mulit Intel HD (Hitachi HTS547550A9E384)
-BIOS Revision 68SRR Ver. F.0A

I also changed my wifi card from prior to this entire install:
Realteck PCIe GBR Family Controller with Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WIFI Adapter
to
Atheros AR5B195

Also for the DSDT's (I chose both standard screens and 1080p screens).

Thank you all for your help!

Sorry, not sure why my images attached are upside down :(
Its not like that on my end.

MelsterMac said:
There is your "oops!"

You want to choose DSDT for only the built-in screen you have.
There can only be one /Extra/dsdt.aml, and so no doubt you are getting the 1080p version, because it would be the last one copied. Unless you have upgraded your screen from stock, it won't work.

Perhaps a future version of installer can avoid making selections that don't make sense, but currently it does not protect you from yourself.

Duh. Yeah, I chose both cause I was not sure. It is the stock. Only change I made to this notebook was the wifi card.

Thanks. I'll post my results.

RehabMan said:
MelsterMac said:
There is your "oops!"

You want to choose DSDT for only the built-in screen you have.
There can only be one /Extra/dsdt.aml, and so no doubt you are getting the 1080p version, because it would be the last one copied. Unless you have upgraded your screen from stock, it won't work.

Perhaps a future version of installer can avoid making selections that don't make sense, but currently it does not protect you from yourself.
By the way, you should be able to boot from your USB key, select Lion HDD partition to boot from, then re-run the ProBook installer, selecting only the correct DSDT for your system, then try reboot.

Hopefully avoid re-install that way... unless there was something else...

Yeah, I think I have to re-install. What happens when I boot from USB key, select Lion HDD partition, it will come up to the apple logo (newer looking one) and nothing...just a blank screen (perhaps due to my wrong choice of DSDT and use of 1080 p screen?).

MelsterMac said:
Yeah, I think I have to re-install. What happens when I boot from USB key, select Lion HDD partition, it will come up to the apple logo (newer looking one) and nothing...just a blank screen (perhaps due to my wrong choice of DSDT and use of 1080 p screen?).
Do you have a 1080p screen or not? I'm confused now.

@Maly70 - performed those operations as you noted. booted into the parition with LION, this time instead of just a blank screen. It goes to a purple colored blank screen this time and sits there.

I tried just typing in as you suggested "DSDT=No", enter.

thanks.

MelsterMac said:
Its this exact model as purchased from here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834158284

I'm not exactly sure. Since its stock, then wouldn't it be standard?
Stock, then no 1080p. Only way to get 1080p is to replace the screen yourself.

You just confused me when you said "use of 1080p screen." I think you meant "use of DSDT for 1080p screens"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back