Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys, I'm a little confused on what steps to do after performing the install as I've done my install on my HP 4530s i3-4530s using this method:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

I was able to have internet connection to download Multibeast in which I downloaded the latest version 4.6.1. I checked box on:

-System Utilities
-Drivers & Bootloaders

Upon installation, the grey screen with all the gibberish to restart went off and went into restart.

So, I have 2 problems:
1) I can't boot into LION without using my USB drive. I tried setting the bios, but it goes into a screen where its looking up DHCP, so I go back to booting up from USB drive as first option

2) Getting multibeast to install properly. My understanding is this Multibeast would fix my boot so it would go off the hard drive. Is that correct?

Am I close to completing this properly? Thanks

I tried Multibeast install again and it seemed successful. Now, I can't get it to restart. It won't even work with the USB key. showing:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

Don't use Multibeast. Use only the HP ProBook installer -- you can create a working ProBook w/ just the installer. It is easy enough to create a broken installer with the ProBook Installer, and super crazy easy to break any installation with Multibeast. I didn't look at what exactly is in Multibeast.System Utilities, but chances are there is something bad for your ProBook.

If there is specific things you want from Multibeast (not sure what they would be), you can go back later once you have your system working (and a backup made) and very carefully load those things (after fully understanding what they are and why you need/want them).

Can you point me to that HP Probook installer? I can't seem to find where to download from. Thanks.

Would using the HP Probook Installer overwrite what I installed using Multibeast? Would I have to uninstall anything? or worse have to reinstall Lion?

I did install it and the install was as success, although I am still having the same issue with the bootloader issue. Trying to figure that one out.

You might be able to fix it with the Probook Installer, but might not. It depends on what Multibeast did, and whether the ProBook installer will overwrite the files that are incorrect. You could try it, and if it doesn't work, re-install from scratch.

Eventually, you get very good at re-installing from scratch. I've probably done it 20 times now (at first to get things working, but during v4 installer development... to test it).

@RehabMan - thanks thus far for guiding me through this. Unfortunately, I don't got it working properly yet. I went and tried to re-install everything. I went as far as using Disk Utility to erase and re-create my partitions.

I went with 2 partitions (500GB hard drive):
-partition one for LION (MacOsX Journaled) - 380G
-partition two for TMP (ExFat) - 20G

-Installed Lion 10.7.4 + Unibeast USB key
-Downloaded HP Probook Installer 4 (checked off everything per instructions)

-Shutdown the computer
-Changed BIOS to boot from hard drive
-Got the boot0 error again
-Hard shutdown, changed BIOS to boot from USB so I can start LIOn
-Then it kernel panics and have to shutdown. Second time I got the kernel panic. First time, I re-installed it, I didn't redo my partitions which is why I did it the 2nd time for a fresh install.

Are my re-install steps valid?

Did you run the Probook Installer 4 or just downloaded it?

MelsterMac said:
@RehabMan - thanks thus far for guiding me through this. Unfortunately, I don't got it working properly yet. I went and tried to re-install everything. I went as far as using Disk Utility to erase and re-create my partitions.

I went with 2 partitions (500GB hard drive):
-partition one for LION (MacOsX Journaled) - 380G
-partition two for TMP (ExFat) - 20G

-Installed Lion 10.7.4 + Unibeast USB key
-Downloaded HP Probook Installer 4 (checked off everything per instructions)

-Shutdown the computer
-Changed BIOS to boot from hard drive
-Got the boot0 error again
-Hard shutdown, changed BIOS to boot from USB so I can start LIOn
-Then it kernel panics and have to shutdown. Second time I got the kernel panic. First time, I re-installed it, I didn't redo my partitions which is why I did it the 2nd time for a fresh install.

Are my re-install steps valid?
As far as the "boot from HDD" issue, you may have a 4K drive (AF - advanced format - HDD with 4k sectors instead of 512 byte). There are special instructions that must be followed for 4k drives to install Chimera. If you search tonymacx86.com for "4k chimera", you will see.

As far as the KPs... Don't know. Probably due to selecting something wrong in the ProBook Installer. Maybe you could post a screen shot of exactly the selections you made, plus your model# of the laptop.

Also, you don't need to change BIOS settings each time to boot from the various devices. Just leave it default to internal HDD, and when you need to boot from USB, hit F9 during HP BIOS screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back