Contribute
Register

10.7.4 install post tasks and multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
MelsterMac said:
@RehabMan - yes, you are right. sorry for the confusion.
No worries. Sorry that you're looking at another fresh install. Oh well, eventually you'll get it. That model is one of the known-good-working ones.

You guys here are awesome! Thanks for all the support here. I will post my results.

@Maly70 - No worries mate! Thank you for chiming in.

Mates, I'm almost there. I just did a clean re-install. I even went and erased my partitions and even 0'd them out (maybe that was too much, who knows), re-created my partitions.

I performed all my steps as noted by you guys, (I also did not keep updating my BIOS as I learned just to use F9 key for Boot Options), let the installer run.

After installing the HP ProBook Installer and making sure I did NOT check off the DSDT for 1080p screens, it works fine!

No KP on reboot!

Just one item, I need to clean up and that is still getting the boot loader error which my only work around again is to restart the machine and boot into the USB key.

So, would not the Installer take care of this? Is there something else that could cause me not to reboot normally into my LION HDD? Would it be that I checked off "Chimera 1.10.0"? Chimera is the boot loader correct? Maybe my particular model doesn't work with that version?

Thank you.

MelsterMac said:
@Maly70 - No worries mate! Thank you for chiming in.

Mates, I'm almost there. I just did a clean re-install. I even went and erased my partitions and even 0'd them out (maybe that was too much, who knows), re-created my partitions.

I performed all my steps as noted by you guys, (I also did not keep updating my BIOS as I learned just to use F9 key for Boot Options), let the installer run.

After installing the HP ProBook Installer and making sure I did NOT check off the DSDT for 1080p screens, it works fine!

No KP on reboot!

Just one item, I need to clean up and that is still getting the boot loader error which my only work around again is to restart the machine and boot into the USB key.

So, would not the Installer take care of this? Is there something else that could cause me not to reboot normally into my LION HDD? Would it be that I checked off "Chimera 1.10.0"? Chimera is the boot loader correct? Maybe my particular model doesn't work with that version?

Thank you.
It seems likely you have a 4k HDD (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_format). The Chimera installer does not work correctly with these drives.

See this topic on how to fix: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=42881

@RehabMan - thanks again! Got it working after the first try as I followed those exact instructions. No more boot error! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back