Contribute
Register

10.7.4 i3, Pstates and SSDT ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
philip_petev said:
I can try this, but is it right? My ProBook is actually 13". Or it doesn't matter what system definition I will use?
I would take an advantage of i7-2720QM Power Management that is part of MacBookPro8,3 profile. Screen size will be my last concern.

I've tried both MacBookPro8,2 and MacBookPro8,3 definitions, but the result was the same - after the first restart I have the 8x multiplier and after the second restart I don't have it anymore. Strange, I don't have such problem with the i7 SSDT, provided by the MultiBeast package, the only difference is that the lowest state in this SSDT is 10x (just like all desktop Sandy Bridge CPUs), but I have this state on every boot. I think I'll reinstall my OS this weekend just in case.

If you haven't seen it, you might want to look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=63912

SSDT for i3-2310m created by me based on blueking's SSDT for i5 in HP ProBook Installer. Working very well on my system.

philip_petev said:
BigDonkey said:
[quote="philip_petev":1wqq85xn]
I can try this, but is it right? My ProBook is actually 13". Or it doesn't matter what system definition I will use?
I would take an advantage of i7-2720QM Power Management that is part of MacBookPro8,3 profile. Screen size will be my last concern.

I've tried both MacBookPro8,2 and MacBookPro8,3 definitions, but the result was the same - after the first restart I have the 8x multiplier and after the second restart I don't have it anymore. Strange, I don't have such problem with the i7 SSDT, provided by the MultiBeast package, the only difference is that the lowest state in this SSDT is 10x (just like all desktop Sandy Bridge CPUs), but I have this state on every boot. I think I'll reinstall my OS this weekend just in case.[/quote:1wqq85xn]

Last weekend I reinstalled completely my OS and made some tests with all MacBookPro definitions (MacBookPro8.1, MacBookPro8.2 and MacBookPro8.3) and without any additional program installed (except Kext Wizzard, Chameleon Wizzard and Champlist). The only difference was that I installed the latest Chimera version(1.10), instead of the one, included in the ProBook Installer (1.7), but nothing has changed. With all SSDTs, provided by BigDonkey, on any MacBookPro definition, the CPU is reaching the 8x multiplier (according to MSRDumper kext), but works at 13x for the most of the time (when idle). The only i7 SSDT I can really use is the one from the MultiBeast package. The CPU works at 10x (when idle) with this SSDT, but at least it keeps this multiplier for the most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back