i7 6600k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Right following this thread - [GUIDE] FOR INSTALLING 10.7.4 i3,i5,i7 USERS

It is suggested that people with i3 Probooks use the drop SSDT in the boot list?

tegezee said:
UPDATE:

(1.) Install 10.7.4 combo update HERE
- DO NOT REBOOT!

(2.) Install big donkey's patched kext files HERE
- DO NOT REBOOT!

(3.) FOR i3 users edit your "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" HERE
- DO NOT REBOOT!

I get kernel panics when I don't use drop ssdt in my boot list.

Now although this allows us to boot and use 10.7.4 it also messes up proper power management allowing only 2 pstates min/max of 8 - 23.
With 10.7.3 I get a full range of pstates.

Is there any reason why i3 user can't compile their own SSDT and use this to allow proper power management in 10.7.4?

I'll have ago and report back? :wave:

tegezee said:
I see they came out with a fix for the i5 & i7, but those cpus were not the the only one's effected by 10.7.4 update. I've been using the temp fix here...

but the boot time is super slow, the comp gets hot now, & the os is way slower than 10.7.3 :x. Does anyone know if there is a patched ssdt out for this processor?
I posted one I extracted HERE hoping for some help but nothing came from that. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced...

My "cpu package multiplier" stays at x8.0

I would like to know this too, I have started a thread with the same concern but no go. I extracted my ssdt's with hopes of getting help HERE...

tegezee said:
tegezee said:
I see they came out with a fix for the i5 & i7, but those cpus were not the the only one's effected by 10.7.4 update. I've been using the temp fix here...

but the boot time is super slow, the comp gets hot now, & the os is way slower than 10.7.3 :x. Does anyone know if there is a patched ssdt out for this processor?
I posted one I extracted HERE hoping for some help but nothing came from that. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced...

My "cpu package multiplier" stays at x8.0

I would like to know this too, I have started a thread with the same concern but no go. I extracted my ssdt's with hopes of getting help HERE...

Apologies I had missed your thread.

I have attempted to edit an existing SSDT from a laptop i7 following Macmans thread.

However it's late here and I'm to slow to make it work!

I think I've made some pretty basic error but it's too late to look any further!

If anyone is a whizz at creating a SSDT? could they knock one up for an i3 please :thumbup:

ovb1 said:
Apologies I had missed your thread.

I have attempted to edit an existing SSDT from a laptop i7 following Macmans thread.

However it's late here and I'm to slow to make it work!

I think I've made some pretty basic error but it's too late to look any further!

If anyone is a whizz at creating a SSDT? could they knock one up for an i3 please :thumbup:
It's okay the post was buried in the forum, hopefully we can all put our heads together and come up with a solution.

gerard71 said:
I did a performance test on my i5-2410m with her ??in that SSDT MultiBeast it works but it gives less performance than the SSDT is extracted even from his computer under windows .......

those included in the pack its probook not seen his best performance

for I3 there is no need to SSDT it is useless there is no turbo boost on the CPU

to extract the SSDT is even we can go on windows with the AIDA64 software there is an option to extract dsdt and SSDT or the bottom of the window of the software if there are several SSDT must all take is to rename ssdt.aml, ssdt1.aml ect ........

That's what I did. But it can't be useless because, the laptop is running wayyyy slower when booting and when you get to the desktop.

gerard71 said:
I did a performance test on my i5-2410m with her ??in that SSDT MultiBeast it works but it gives less performance than the SSDT is extracted even from his computer under windows .......

those included in the pack its probook not seen his best performance

for I3 there is no need to SSDT it is useless there is no turbo boost on the CPU

to extract the SSDT is even we can go on windows with the AIDA64 software there is an option to extract dsdt and SSDT or the bottom of the window of the software if there are several SSDT must all take is to rename ssdt.aml, ssdt1.aml ect ........

Although there are no turbo states there is still power management and it does not work properly in 10.7.4 with drop SSDT.

gerard71 said:
should see if multiple users with an I3 is the same problem as you to see if it comes from system 10.7.4 or installation of your system can you describe what is the problem with the management of energy?

Just 4 info: Same problem here. Since the system update on 10.7.4 there are only 2 P-states (8x and 22x) on my machine (i3 2330m 2.2GHz). I tried to use the SSDT of the i5 from Multibeast. It booted normal, but got stuck at 22x most of the time and graphical glitches.

The problem is that when using the drop SSDT in the boot list then the i3 only uses two pstates min / max.

In 10.7.3 I get a full range of pstates which is preferable and I presume more energy efficient?

If I don't use the drop SSDT in the boot list then I get a kernel panic on boot.

I'm not sure why as really it should boot ok but be stuck on the lowest multiplier?

I've followed the upload procedure and kexts from Bigdonkey.

Cheers :)

ovb1 said:
The problem is that when using the drop SSDT in the boot list then the i3 only uses two pstates min / max.

Seems so. :(
I tried i5 SSDT without DropSSDT :) but got the symptoms from upper post.

ovb1 said:
If I don't use the drop SSDT in the boot list then I get a kernel panic on boot.

Same here.

I´m no pro but I´ll try to get into this SSDT thing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back