Contribute
Register

10.7.3 doesnt auto boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have thought of trying over starting from scratch? Redoing the partition scheme, and fresh install, maybe leaving the TimeMachine partition out just for the time-being. That might be what I would try...

Also check your BIOS settings for boot order. Make sure it makes sense. Make sure you don't have a CD/DVD in the DVD drive that it is trying to boot off, etc.

I tried 1more time with chimera (using the hp pro book setup) and it worked ;)
But when i turn on the machine instead of showing the theme it says:

(If i press enter,it boots to lion)

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 148
Tenou said:
I tried 1more time with chimera (using the hp pro book setup) and it worked ;)
But when i turn on the machine instead of showing the theme it says:

(If i press enter,it boots to lion)
Well, at least it is closer... But still strange, because you said you tried Chimera one more time, but clearly that screen shot shows Chameleon. As far as the boot loader GUI not showing up, it has got to be a Theme issue. Either you have no /Extra/Themes/Default, or your org.chameleon.Boot.plist has the Theme entry pointing to a non-existant theme.

Well, i reinstalled the os (10.7.4). Used the Hp pro book setup and chimera worked fine,but i still have the text on boot(image above). I have the default folder.

Tenou said:
Well, i reinstalled the os (10.7.4). Used the Hp pro book setup and chimera worked fine,but i still have the text on boot(image above). I have the default folder.
When you re-installed, did you completely wipe out (re-partition and/or erase) the partitions, or did you install over existing. I'm thinking you have left over bits from the previous install somewhere. When I do a fresh install, I always erase the whole thing.

Just seems strange that if you started from scratch, and installed Chimera, that you'd end up with Chameleon??

I erased the partition :lol: :lol: :lol:

(only lion one)

Tenou said:
I erased the partition :lol: :lol: :lol:

(only lion one)
I would try re-partition... in other words, erase 'em all, and start completely fresh. It could be that you've got some stuff (like the Chameleon boot loader) on the EFI partition. You could waste a lot of time trying to figure it out unless you're a wizard...

Unless you're holding on to something important on those partitions...

:D I erased both partitions and created new ones. Now it works fine :)

Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back