Contribute
Register

10.6.8 GUIDE for customac z68X-UD5-B3 everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The delay might be the system polling your onboard HDMI port.

This might help: BIOS > Advanced BIOS Features > Onboard VGA > Enable If No Ext PEG

potatohead113 said:
The delay might be the system polling your onboard HDMI port.

This might help: BIOS > Advanced BIOS Features > Onboard VGA > Enable If No Ext PEG

Thanks. Now its almost a minute. I think that's decent...right? Or do you any other suggestions? :D thanks.

10.6.8 Working on Z68X-UD5-B3 Bios version F8 Everything wor

Thank you so much! I now have everything working on this board. I had to do the following to get the sound working on mine. Follow the guide exactly as it's written and then do the following for the sound

A) run multiboot again.
B) select System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
AppleHDA Rollback (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
Non-DSDT 889
VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Universal)
C)Reboot

The only down side is the sound only seems to be working on the Orange(c/Sub) socket at the back. It's good enough for me! I just need a sound output

hey guys! i just followed exactly the guide till step 6. After Installing Chimera, i get stuck while booting... As you see in the Attachment, i dont get an error...

what else could i try? thx for help!

€ Actually there is an error :D but i didnt install the realtek driver... so does anybody have an idea what i could do?

Attachments

• 2011-10-12 01.04.49.jpg
    2011-10-12 01.04.49.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
Re: 10.6.8 Working on Z68X-UD5-B3 Bios version F8 Everything wor

dyncaled said:
Thank you so much! I now have everything working on this board. I had to do the following to get the sound working on mine. Follow the guide exactly as it's written and then do the following for the sound

A) run multiboot again.
B) select System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
AppleHDA Rollback (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Realtek ACL8xx)
Non-DSDT 889
VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (drivers and boatloaders-Kexts&Enablers-Audio-Universal)
C)Reboot

The only down side is the sound only seems to be working on the Orange(c/Sub) socket at the back. It's good enough for me! I just need a sound output

This isn't working for me but the rest of the guide has worked for me. These are my specs:

GA-Z68x-UD7-B3 (F6), intel core i7 2600k, giabyte HD 6850.

Also, itunes takes FOREVER to load music, I'm talking a good 13-20 seconds. I benchmarked my system and got a score of 13,000 on Geekbench without any overclocking, yet itunes (and maybe other things I haven't checked quite yet) are sluggish. ):

Should the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext be back in the System Files after I "rebuild the kext cache?"

doesnt work on my dell 15r 5010, everythings fine till after i install the combo update and restart..after the apple logo and spinning loading circle its just a blank screen :( any tips?

Dell N5010
Intel i5 M450 2.40 ghz
Ati mobility radeon hd 5400
Chipset intel
Ddr3 ram 4gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back