Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the method below from injectx, my Sapphire Radeon 6850 (full specs below) works will full acceleration, but only from the main DVI port. Dual display does not work. With MultiBeast 3.4's ATI drivers, GraphicsEnabler=no, dual display works but I have the same issue with Geekbench and DVD Player as others.

Any thoughts on how to get dual display working with the injectx method? DVD Player/Geekbench is not a huge issue for me, but would like to get to a full install.

Thanks!!

injectx said:
the_gael said:
glad you have some success :thumbup:

Yep, very glad indeed :) That's another thing about a Hackintosh vs. a real Mac. It's just way more puzzling to get everything working well. Kinda like that to be honest..

Anyways, just played Left4Dead 2 using Steam, everything worked well, very well. All video settings to the highest level, very smooth.

To get this working, this is most probably what you gotta do:

1. In MultiBeast, install: ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers
2. Download Andy's ATI fix here and install.
3. In Finder, go to /Extra > com.apple.Boot.plist and make sure you have the following lines:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Gibba</string>
NOTE: Replace "Gibba" with "Duckweed" and test which one works best for you.
"Duckweed" users: injectx, Div.

4. Insert Andy's Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r750 by downloading this file and replace it with the boot file in the root of your harddrive.
This step is OPTIONAL, use if Andy's package didn't install correctly.

5. Reboot + fingers crossed.

You changed the framebuffer to "Duckweed"? Have you tried any of the other ones (there's a list floating around of like 10 different framebuffers).

mjgunn said:
You changed the framebuffer to "Duckweed"? Have you tried any of the other ones (there's a list floating around of like 10 different framebuffers).

Yep, should have included that in my sig post message in the first place.
Please check my sig again and report which framebuffer works best for your graphics card.

Inject, you found that as well right (some ports worked with one framebuffer and not with another)?

mjgunn said:
Inject, you found that as well right (some ports worked with one framebuffer and not with another)?

True, when i tested the first time, i used Gibba as the framebuffer. Found out that my DisplayPort port didn't work, HDMI however worked (couldn't test DVI). Graphics performance was a disaster.

What is the difference between booting Graphics Enabler=no with a kext and GE=yes with ATI Experimental Bootloader? Is one better than the other??

Regardless, Gigabyte ATI Radeon 5870 GDDR5 is working well. Only issue is i have to sleep after DSMOS is found at boot to get my desktop to display. Annoying, but functional.

How do i check if im getting full functionality?

I am going with the 6870, in fact the very same one you posted. I will have it Monday and I am aiming for an install some time next week, almost finished with the case.

But I went with the 6870 because I have a 24" Apple display with mini-displayport hook up so that is my biggest reason.

I am hoping by the time I get this all together more bugs will be worked out and I will be in the clear for a nice working card.

My Sapphire HD5770 Vapor-X does not work with native drivers.

I have to say my set is not a clean install, and i am on 775 so maybe same card over a 1155 set could work.

Sapphire VAPOR-X HD5770 1Gb GDDR5 PCIE DUAL DVI-HDMI+DP OC VERSION
Part.N: 299-1E148-202SA

Card is a reference board, just slightly oced by default. (25mhz)

For people who want to buy a 6870 and don't know which brand yet.. if you're looking to hook it up to a Apple LED Cinema display, you should go for the Sapphire cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back