Status
Not open for further replies.
bubblegum said:
melon said:
What update did you peeps used?

MacOSXUpCombo10.6.5Combo.dmg file
-or-
Software Update
i used software update, and after realising those resolution problems tried some things — edited my dsdt with graphhics card info, tried GraphicsEnabler with RC5. It didn't help, so I tried to download combo update and repeated all steps — injector, dsdt, enabler. Zero was a result. I mean, CI/QE is working and monitor native resolution runs prefectly, but when tryin' to change res = black or blue screen. Right now I'm using 10.6.4 SnowLeo Graphics update for 10.6.4 drivers, and they runs smooth with injector, as before. Resolution switch works.

Can you post the details how you did it?
Still using 10.6.5? You just installed the SL graphics update?

ashamed to say I used the software update from apple rather than downloading the combo update. There's something satisfying about just clicking update and having Apple do the rest.

Thinking about getting a 5770 to avoid these issues, and the HDMI problems, but they have their own set of issues.

Looks like either 1. Play games in Win7, 2. downgrade to 10.6.4, or 3. Wait for someone far smarter than I to figure out how to fix this. I'm probably going with a combination of 1 and 2 at this stage.

melon said:
what do you wanna know exactly? well, I updated via software update. I used RC4 without graphic enabling in it, and had NVEnabler64.kext in my S/L/E. Update went flawlessly, and versions of video drivers became 256. I used my system as regular few hours, but when tried to launch Diablo I saw just a black screen with game startup sound. When I exited from full-screen mode with cmd+m and put my comp to sleep and after wake it up i saw, that everything is ok, my monitor's native res worked great. I tried res swith and saw blue screen, after selecting native res with arrows and sleep-wake everything became ok again. I tried to delete nvenabler, and put my videocard to dsdt, and i'm sure the code was correct, 'cause there are no compillation errors and videocard worked great vithout injector with this dsdt, but with native res only again. Then i tried to download rc5 and used Greaphics Enabler with the same result.

Now I'm using SL graphics update and waiting for a binary patch for new resman, 'cause it seems that apple put graphic-card id's, responsive for res switching into it's binary instead of plist in previous versions. Or maybe some legacy, you know…

bubblegum said:
melon said:
what do you wanna know exactly? well, I updated via software update. I used RC4 without graphic enabling in it, and had NVEnabler64.kext in my S/L/E. Update went flawlessly, and versions of video drivers became 256. I used my system as regular few hours, but when tried to launch Diablo I saw just a black screen with game startup sound. When I exited from full-screen mode with cmd+m and put my comp to sleep and after wake it up i saw, that everything is ok, my monitor's native res worked great. I tried res swith and saw blue screen, after selecting native res with arrows and sleep-wake everything became ok again. I tried to delete nvenabler, and put my videocard to dsdt, and i'm sure the code was correct, 'cause there are no compillation errors and videocard worked great vithout injector with this dsdt, but with native res only again. Then i tried to download rc5 and used Greaphics Enabler with the same result.

Now I'm using SL graphics update and waiting for a binary patch for new resman, 'cause it seems that apple put graphic-card id's, responsive for res switching into it's binary instead of plist in previous versions. Or maybe some legacy, you know…

hmmm... I actually noticed that the NVResman.kext Info.plist doesn't contain any deviceID any more... I would like to insert it but not sure where to exactly place it. :/

melon said:
hmmm... I actually noticed that the NVResman.kext Info.plist doesn't contain any deviceID any more... I would like to insert it but not sure where to exactly place it. :/
i tried to insert it everywhere — into resman, into nvdahal and even in geforce.kext — all I got was no CI/QE )

Do you still have an untouch NVDAResman.kext coming from 10.6.4?
Can you upload it here? I wanna try something. :)

melon said:
Do you still have an untouch NVDAResman.kext coming from 10.6.4?
Can you upload it here? I wanna try something. :)
i have 10.6.4 graphics update resman right now in my extensions folder, and i have 10.6.4 combo with 10.6.4 basic resman inside, which can be extracted via pacifist. i'll attach both for you. but i suppose u can't just use 10.6.4 resman with 10.6.5 video kexts, cause of kexts versiohs wismatch or something like that…

Attachments

• NVDAResman.kext_10.6.4_from_combo_update.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
  • NVDAResman.kext_from_SL_graph_update.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
Some issue for me in my second hackintosh
p55a-ud3
i750
nVidia geoforce 9800 512mb

when I change resolution my screen goes blue.

10.6.5 monitor plugged into VGA runs at 1920x 1080

no issue whit the same monitor on
p55m-ud4
i760
nVidia gtx285

Try using a monitor with DVI connector... :)

Exactly the same problem here with 8400 GS 256 Mb

Any fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back