Contribute
Register

10.6.3 to 10.6.7 upgrade issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay, with iBoot, I was able to finally boot with this: "-v pmVersion=0 -x", which took me to "Safe Mode". I removed the sleepenabler file and rebooted, but it still hangs at the VoodooHDA line mentioned before.

OK, removed VoodooHDA.kext and regenerated the Extensions.mkext file.
restarted with just "-v" , and now it stops at:

Atheros: mac 7.9 phy 4.5 radio 5.6
Unable to obtain BE Output Queue
start [SourceCache

Hmm, I still cannot boot my retail SL disc from iBoot. It always seems like it's doing fine, but instead of stalling, it just reboots.

My latest attempt was with these flags: -v -x PciRoot=1

I don't know why exactly, but restoring the retail SL disc onto a brand new flash drive allowed me to finally boot into the installer with "-s". Well, I guess I never actually tried -s before ...

Anyhow, I used Time Machine to restore my backup. It finished successfully, but the drive will not boot on it's own. I got a kernel panic, and it mentioned to boot with 'pmVersion=0'.

So, I booted up with iBoot, switched to my drive and used the suggested flag. Now, I'm FINALLY staring at my old installation.

What should I edit, change, etc so that I can boot without iBoot? I thought a straight restore would have been sufficient to get me back 100% ...

OK, after installing reinstalling Chameleon, I'm back to my original system.

So, to go to 10.6.8 from 10.6.3, do I just need to remove the SleepEnabler.kext from /E/E? Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back