Graphics
g210M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was content with 10.6.3, but I needed a newer version in order to use xcode. So, I did the Software Update, and now my system won't boot.

At first, I got this message with a Kernel Panic
[SleepEnabler] Registering PowerManagement dispatch table...
[SleepEnabler] To disable (if the kernel panics), please specify the boot argument pmVersion=0

Upon changing my bootup sequence to be "-v pmVersion=0", it hangs at:
VoodooHDAEngine[0x7acb900]::peFormatCHange90x7acba0

Is there any easy way to tweak my failed install to make it work again? I'm running a GA-P55M-UD2 with a i5 750, Geforce 210M video

boot with iboot and run kext utiliti ,are you using DSDT?

(sorry )

are you using DSDT?
Hmm, it's been a while since I set up the box. I don't think I went the dsdt route.

you shoud for clean hack :thumbup:

Well, I backed up all my files before I did the upgrade. I guess I can start over ...

use CCC to clone

use CCC to clone
it's too late to clone it unless you're suggesting I restore it and then clone it.

Can I go the dsdt route to save my installation? I assume I'd need an iboot disk to load the SL installer to get to a terminal to make some changes to my nonworking install?

So there's a kext utility that can be opened during iboot? I'm new at this and am having problems, Thought the kext stuff didn't come into play until after installation.. I have a thread right under this called "Will Unsupported Graphic Card Prevent OS X Installation?". If you guys have any input on that I would greatly appreciate it.

yoyoman said:
use CCC to clone
it's too late to clone it unless you're suggesting I restore it and then clone it.

Can I go the dsdt route to save my installation? I assume I'd need an iboot disk to load the SL installer to get to a terminal to make some changes to my nonworking install?
No need to re-install if you can get to desktop by booting with iBoot. All you need to do is to delete the 10.6.3 sleep enabler kext in /E/E. If you have to have sleep and are forced to use a sleep enabler kext, always remember to delete it before updating.

first try with iBoot failed to boot my installation. second time, tried with "-v pmVersion=0", and this time it froze after
NVEnabler: 3 not grouped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back