Contribute
Register

[10.14.4] Wifi networks detected, but not connecting (BCM943602CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo m90q Tiny
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I am building a brand new Hackintosh and it's running Mojave 10.14.4.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
2x8GB RAM DDR4
Intel i7 8700 - Intel UHD 630

Wifi :
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NRYGZ7Q/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

with

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07F1QXC91/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

The bluetooth is working fine, I was able to share internet connection from my phone by bluetooth.

The wifi detects network, however trying to connect to a network results in a "Connection failed.".

What am I missing ? I have gotten that card because I though it was meant to work out of the box.

Thank you

Attachments

• 15575404520902803499029716895899.jpg
    15575404520902803499029716895899.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 300
  • 15575404704346216742625516567413.jpg
    15575404704346216742625516567413.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 231
Check all antennae are securely connected.
Bluetooth can interfere with 2.4GHz Wifi, use 5GHz where possible.
Try Wifi with Bluetooth disabled.

Check all antennae are securely connected.
Bluetooth can interfere with 2.4GHz Wifi, use 5GHz where possible.
Try Wifi with Bluetooth disabled.

Both bands (2.4/5) don't work :(
Disabling the bluetooth doesn't seem to make any difference

I have a Z390 motherboard as well, and I couldn't get the wifi or bluetooth to work until I went into bios and disabled the wifi and bluetooth on the actual motherboard.

Have you tried this?

• Your Wifi has already received the broadcast from your Wifi Network's Router as per your uploaded System report.. screen capture.
  • To connect the final step is a Pass phrase
  • It may be too simplistic for me to raise and no disrespect implied; make sure you have the password typed in correctly and no inadvertent CAPS-lock while typing in. (uncheck to unhide password).

I have a Z390 motherboard as well, and I couldn't get the wifi or bluetooth to work until I went into bios and disabled the wifi and bluetooth on the actual motherboard.

Have you tried this?

My motherboard doesn't have built in bluetooth and wifi.

• Your Wifi has already received the broadcast from your Wifi Network's Router as per your uploaded System report.. screen capture.
  • To connect the final step is a Pass phrase
  • It may be too simplistic for me to raise and no disrespect implied; make sure you have the password typed in correctly and no inadvertent CAPS-lock while typing in. (uncheck to unhide password).

It makes no difference if I type the right or wrong password. Always the same error comes out. Also, my WPA2 password if my phone number, aka. 10 digits and it is properly entered (and verified by checking "Show Password")

I also tried making a wifi access point from my phone. Exact same error

My motherboard doesn't have built in bluetooth and wifi.

It makes no difference if I type the right or wrong password. Always the same error comes out. Also, my WPA2 password if my phone number, aka. 10 digits and it is properly entered (and verified by checking "Show Password")

I also tried making a wifi access point from my phone. Exact same error
Have you tried going into system preferences/network? Sometimes if you install without a WiFi device it defaults to Ethernet or none. Try the troubleshoot options.

Have you tried going into system preferences/network? Sometimes if you install without a WiFi device it defaults to Ethernet or none. Try the troubleshoot options.

I built the PC this afternoon, the wifi card has always been there, and actually at the welcome screen after the setup, it did prompt me to choose a wifi network, then it was asking for the wifi password but it never successfully connect.

I did try to use the System Preferences/Network, my adapter does show up, however there is no such button 'Troubleshoot'

I built the PC this afternoon, the wifi card has always been there, and actually at the welcome screen after the setup, it did prompt me to choose a wifi network, then it was asking for the wifi password but it never successfully connect.

I did try to use the System Preferences/Network, my adapter does show up, however there is no such button 'Troubleshoot'

Have tried resetting the router? The advanced button should lead to troubleshoot options. Also if you try to open safari it should give you a troubleshoot option.

Have tried resetting the router? The advanced button should lead to troubleshoot options. Also if you try to open safari it should give you a troubleshoot option.

I just booted Ubuntu and I am getting the same behavior. Seems hardware related :(

How to tell if it is the adapter or the card itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back