Contribute
Register

[10.14.4] Slow UDH 630 (from i7-8700), but acceleration is working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what MPV is... When I play the same video with VLC on my system, I see approx 17% CPU usage which is probably inline with your findings since I have two more cores.

If MPV is using over 100%, it's probably not using hardware decoding.

Thank you for the help ! Tomorow I will be moving the hackintosh to my work place and connect it on 2 1080p monitors permanently. Hopefully it will work. But connectors appear to work, however I don't have 2 monitors to test them simultaneously.

Thank you for the help ! Tomorow I will be moving the hackintosh to my work place and connect it on 2 1080p monitors permanently. Hopefully it will work. But connectors appear to work, however I don't have 2 monitors to test them simultaneously.

I have never tried multi-monitor on IGPU, but I think it should work for you. In a worse case scenario, you may need to a bit of frame buffer patching for the connectors but even that's not too hard.

I have never tried multi-monitor on IGPU, but I think it should work for you. In a worse case scenario, you may need to a bit of frame buffer patching for the connectors but even that's not too hard.

Then I cross finger it will work ! The supplied patches for my motherboard might not patch the connectors well ?

Then I cross finger it will work ! The supplied patches for my motherboard might not patch the connectors well ?

You won't know until you try...

You won't know until you try...

It works ! But not perfectly.

During boot : I can see same verbose text on both screen. When the IGPU stuff texts shows up, the HDMI display goes off, but the DVI one stay fine. When reaching the lock screen, there are black lines horizontal everywhere over the lock screen, however after 10 seconds the screen goes black for few second then shows up correctly.

I need to disconnect the HDMI display and reconnect it to turn it back on. After that, both monitors appears to work perfectly.

There is no 'lag' feeling, it's smooth on 1080p. I believe the motherboard doesn't support 4k@60Hz.

Are the bugs fixeable ?

It works ! But not perfectly.

During boot : I can see same verbose text on both screen. When the IGPU stuff texts shows up, the HDMI display goes off, but the DVI one stay fine. When reaching the lock screen, there are black lines horizontal everywhere over the lock screen, however after 10 seconds the screen goes black for few second then shows up correctly.

I need to disconnect the HDMI display and reconnect it to turn it back on. After that, both monitors appears to work perfectly.

There is no 'lag' feeling, it's smooth on 1080p. I believe the motherboard doesn't support 4k@60Hz.

Are the bugs fixeable ?

4K@60Hz over HDMI has always been a bit sketchy on macOS for me too... Most of the time, I lower it to 4K@50Hz and things improve.

I don't know of any other Clover configurations that can help this.

4K@60Hz over HDMI has always been a bit sketchy on macOS for me too... Most of the time, I lower it to 4K@50Hz and things improve.

I don't know of any other Clover configurations that can help this.

Thank you, it's not so bad at least. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back