Lenovo m90q Tiny
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I followed the tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ to inject the proper framebuffer patches for my Intel UHD 620 which comes from my Intel i7-8700. My Motherboard is an Z390 M Gaming (mATX).

I used the built in patch for my motherboard in Hackintool, actually I copy pasted manually the patch from the thread in my config.plist.

It did enable graphics acceleration, the top bar is now translucid and it feels a lot smoother and no longer shows up as 31mb, but it still doesn't feel right. It's a little laggy.

Playing a 4k sample video is not buttery smooth and uses an insane amount of CPU.

What else could I do to improve my GPU capabilities ?

My motherboard has 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. They both works fine, although the patch was made for 3 ports I believe.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 12.21.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 12.21.00 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
Hi,

I followed the tutorial https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ to inject the proper framebuffer patches for my Intel UHD 620 which comes from my Intel i7-8700. My Motherboard is an Z390 M Gaming (mATX).

I used the built in patch for my motherboard in Hackintool, actually I copy pasted manually the patch from the thread in my config.plist.

It did enable graphics acceleration, the top bar is now translucid and it feels a lot smoother and no longer shows up as 31mb, but it still doesn't feel right. It's a little laggy.

Playing a 4k sample video is not buttery smooth and uses an insane amount of CPU.

What else could I do to improve my GPU capabilities ?

My motherboard has 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. They both works fine, although the patch was made for 3 ports I believe.

Thank you

Did you try without the patching?
Did you just patch for ig-platform-id and device-id or did you also patch for connectors?

Did you try without the patching?
Did you just patch for ig-platform-id and device-id or did you also patch for connectors?

There is also patch for the connectors. What do you mean wothout the patching? I had no acceleration until I use this patch.

<key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> BwCbPg== </data> <key>device-id</key> <data> mz4AAA== </data> <key>enable-hdmi20</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key> <data> xwMAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-index</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key> <data> CQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con0-type</key> <data> AAQAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key> <data> AgAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key> <data> xwMAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-index</key> <data> AgAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key> <data> CAAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key> <data> AAgAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key> <data> BAAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key> <data> xwMAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-index</key> <data> AwAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key> <data> CgAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key> <data> AAgAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key> <data> IAAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con3-index</key> <data> /////w== </data> <key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-con3-type</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key> <data> AAAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AACQAw== </data> <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key> <data> AAAAYA== </data> </dict> </dict>

What you are suggesting is to only patch ig-platform-id and device-id?

There is also patch for the connectors. What do you mean wothout the patching? I had no acceleration until I use this patch.

What you are suggesting is to only patch ig-platform-id and device-id?

Can you please post your config.plist? I have trouble reading that...

Can you please post your config.plist? I have trouble reading that...

Sorry I miss quoted in my last post

Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type DP
Index 2, BusID 0x02, Type HDMI <-- physically, this is DVI port
Index 3, BusID 0x04, Type HDMI
XML:
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
mz4AAA==
</data>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-index</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
<data>
CQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
<data>
AAQAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
<data>
AgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-index</key>
<data>
AgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
<data>
CAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
<data>
xwMAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
<data>
AwAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
<data>
CgAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key>
<data>
IAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-index</key>
<data>
/////w==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con3-type</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
<data>
AACQAw==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>
AAAAYA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

It is what currently works with acceleration. Removing all the device patches or only keeping device-id and ig-platform-id both results in a black screen after boot

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 10.52.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 10.52.57 AM.png
    391.5 KB · Views: 49
Sorry I miss quoted in my last post

It is what currently works with acceleration. Removing all the device patches or only keeping device-id and ig-platform-id both results in a black screen after boot

• In your config.plist > Devices > Properties, you have "stolenmem" and "unifiedmem" settings. These should not be required if you are able to set DVMT Pre-Alloc in BIOS.
  • The other settings look like connector patches. These are probably needed since you are reporting black screen without it.
  • Enabling HDMI 2.0 shouldn't cause any issues.
  • ig-platform-id and device-id are set correctly for an IGPU only system.

You have two kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ for Realtek wireless devices. They will probably not get loaded from there because in config.plist > System Parameter, you have inject kexts set to "Detect". Either (1) move them to /Library/Extensions/ or (2) move all your hackintosh kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and set inject kexts to "Yes".

Are you using a 4K display? Are you using HDMI?

Last edited:
  • In your config.plist > Devices > Properties, you have "stolenmem" and "unifiedmem" settings. These should not be required if you are able to set DVMT Pre-Alloc in BIOS.
  • The other settings look like connector patches. These are probably needed since you are reporting black screen without it.
  • Enabling HDMI 2.0 shouldn't cause any issues.
  • ig-platform-id and device-id are set correctly for an IGPU only system.

You have two kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ for Realtek wireless devices. They will probably not get loaded from there because in config.plist > System Parameter, you have inject kexts set to "Detect". Either (1) move them to /Library/Extensions/ or (2) move all your hackintosh kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and set inject kexts to "Yes".

Are you using a 4K display? Are you using HDMI?

Thank you,

you are right about the "Detect" setting, I switched to "Always" on the reboot after I provided you my config.plist. The kexts are for my USB Wifi adapter while I get a new PCI Wireless Card.

I removed the 2 patches "stolenmem, unifiedmem" and everything is still working the same :)

It is indeed an IGPU only system.

The computer is currently connected to a single LG 4k Monitor. The feeling is exactly the same by using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable or DVI-to-HDMI cable on this monitor.

However, I'm planning moving the computer at my workplace where it will be connected on 2 1080p monitors the HDMI connector and the DVI (to HDMI) connector.

Could the lags be related to my 4k Monitor ? What tells me something is wrong is the insane CPU usage when playing a 4k sample video

Thank you,

you are right about the "Detect" setting, I switched to "Always" on the reboot after I provided you my config.plist. The kexts are for my USB Wifi adapter while I get a new PCI Wireless Card.

I removed the 2 patches "stolenmem, unifiedmem" and everything is still working the same :)

It is indeed an IGPU only system.

The computer is currently connected to a single LG 4k Monitor. The feeling is exactly the same by using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable or DVI-to-HDMI cable on this monitor.

However, I'm planning moving the computer at my workplace where it will be connected on 2 1080p monitors the HDMI connector and the DVI (to HDMI) connector.

Could the lags be related to my 4k Monitor ? What tells me something is wrong is the insane CPU usage when playing a 4k sample video

Please try downloading this video and play it in VLC with "Hardware decoding" enabled. What is your CPU usage when the video is playing?

HDMI on macOS has always been a little wonky for me especially when using IGPU... Sometimes, a higher quality HDMI cable can help a lot.

Please try downloading this video and play it in VLC with "Hardware decoding" enabled. What is your CPU usage when the video is playing?

HDMI on macOS has always been a little wonky for me especially when using IGPU... Sometimes, a higher quality HDMI cable can help a lot.

Over 100% CPU usage in MPV, 20% CPU Usage in VLC. I don't recall experiencing this on my RX 580 from my other Hackintosh.

What should I understand from that?

The lag I feel, could it be the refresh rate ? Even moving the mouse fast doesn't feel smooth

Over 100% CPU usage in MPV, 20% CPU Usage in VLC. I don't recall experiencing this on my RX 580 from my other Hackintosh.

What should I understand from that?

The lag I feel, could it be the refresh rate ? Even moving the mouse fast doesn't feel smooth

I don't know what MPV is... When I play the same video with VLC on my system, I see approx 17% CPU usage which is probably inline with your findings since I have two more cores.

If MPV is using over 100%, it's probably not using hardware decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back