Contribute
Register

10.13.2 to 10.13.4 how to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello im on 10.13.2 and i want to update to 10.13.4. But how am I supposed to do every update one after the other? Or just the most recent?
If you use the macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Combo Update you can skip the 10.13.3 update.
See macOS 10.13.4 Update

Use the macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 Combo Update if you like to skip the 10.13.3 and 10.13.4 update.
See macOS 10.13.5 Update

You don't necessarily need to update Clover (though it probably can't hurt—make sure to add the HFSPlus-64 driver as it's no longer installed by default in new Clover versions, if you need to boot HFS+-formatted volumes). What you might need to update is your USB port limit patch, if you're using one. If your startup volume is APFS, I think it's a good idea to pre-load the updated apfs.efi driver (extractable from the Combo Updater with Pacifist) in Clover before applying the update.

After the update is applied you will need to update your NVIDIA Web Drivers as there's a new driver for the new point-version of macOS.

Hello ! so let me get this straight. I'm not doing any clover updates. I've got a boot disk in apfs so I extracted the apfs.efi file from the combo update with a utility called pacifier ( if you have more info on it)?
For the usb I don't think I use a patch but if in doubt I would copy it.

If I want to upgrade to clover because I am in "Install version: v2.4k r4359 EFI bootloader" according to the log file install in my EFI I can upgrade from clover configurator which offers me the 4509 without risk?
once all this is done I install nvidia drivers

by precaution I have a bootable usb key with the same Efi I have right now if there's a glitch I could start with?

I have a lot of work to do on this machine or could I restart an install and get my data back with time machine?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back