Motherboard
GA-H55M-USB3
CPU
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT 1024 MB passive
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I got this card as I hoped it would just work and it did in sierra 10.12 perfectly.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I upgraded to 10.12.6 and there is now no wifi device listed. Can anyone shed any light on this? Or let me know another card that will work and I will return this one.
I have searched for patches and kexts to try and resolve it and other people seem to have it working in their builds. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

Hi, I got this card as I hoped it would just work and it did in sierra 10.12 perfectly.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I upgraded to 10.12.6 and there is now no wifi device listed. Can anyone shed any light on this? Or let me know another card that will work and I will return this one.
I have searched for patches and kexts to try and resolve it and other people seem to have it working in their builds. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I have just installed the same one in 10.12.6 and WIFI/Bluetooth works out-of-the-box in a 1x PCIE slot without any patches or additional kexts.

I have just installed the same one in 10.12.6 and WIFI/Bluetooth works out-of-the-box in a 1x PCIE slot without any patches or additional kexts.
Thanks Lesterix, thats good to know. I have tried it in different slots and I am confused how it works so well in 10.12 but not at all in 10.12.6. If anyone has any other ideas or wifi suggestions, I am ready to give up on this card.

Last edited:
So I now have the wifi card working & its not great but works. For anyone with the same issues with this card I had to use the io80211family.kext from 10.12. I think this is due to a security issue they found which made the wifi vulnerable. If you are going to buy this card make sure you have a newish motherboard otherwise I think you will be spending lots of time to try and make everything work. My system is now fully functional other than sleep, which I may have found a fix for. New parts for me before I try High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back