Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x ud5 th
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Gigabyte Geoforce GTX 950
Hi There
I did the 10.12.2. update this morning, everything working as expected, i only had to update the nvidia driver, the only slight issue i have now is that it takes a long time, about a minute, for my monitors to come on, it was instant in 10.12.1, anybody else had this? So far I've uninstalled nvidia drivers that were updated through preferences, and installed the driver again from a .pkg from the nvidia website, no biggie really as this update has cured a lot of issues i was having with some of my software, would be nice to get it as quick as it was before though...

Thanks

Rob

I'm having the same problem on a nearly identical computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Just to add to this, I'm using 2 monitors, one with hdmi one with dvi, if I unplug either one the other one boots instantly on reboot, so I suspect there is something going on with having 2 monitors at once...

I have this too.. it goes to black screen half-way during the boot and then after ~30 seconds, I can see the mouse pointer and then finally everything is fine. I rolled back to 10.12.1 for now. This is the second dual-monitor issue I have encountered with sierra :/

I just noticed the problem doesn't occur when I select Single-User mode or Verbose mode as Clover Bootloader arguments. When I do the same thing on Clover Configurator the problem persists. Does that makes any sense?

Boot time:
Verbose mode: 19"
Regular mode: 36"

Last edited:
There is a new driver available, even though it doesn't show up in check for updates it ends in 25f02 instead of 01 , once the driver was installed and restarted, I didn't notice much of a difference, until I rebooted again, much quicker now...

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.25f02.pkg

edit: scratch that, after another reboot its gone slow again

There is a new driver available, even though it doesn't show up in check for updates it ends in 25f02 instead of 01 , once the driver was installed and restarted, I didn't notice much of a difference, until I rebooted again, much quicker now...

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.25f02.pkg

edit: scratch that, after another reboot its gone slow again

Thanks for the info. I think that update is for the next build (16C68) and not too different from the previous one.

I'm thinking about resetting the PRAM / NVRAM. Is it a dangerous thing to do on hackintosh? I find contradictory information about that in the forums.

Just a thought, could it be something to do with mixing dvi and hdmi monitor connections, I have 2 spare display ports on the back of the mobo, maybe using both of those could help, only problem is I don't have any DisplayPort connectors

I'm also using dvi and hdmi at the same time. I never had any problem with that but maybe using different connectors could solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back