CPU
Intel Core-i5 6300
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Upgraded my PB 4540s (Clover EFI) to OSX 10.11 (knowing the risks of issues like this) and everything is fine with the exception of no wifi or bluetooth. I'm using a Broadcom BCM94352HMB, and had previously applied the 5Ghz patch and injected the device ID to make everything work. It seems as though the patch no longer works on 10.11. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Upon running the PBI CE 6.4.3, I see two errors about kexts:

DirectHW.kext is not compatible with this version of OSX

and

IO80211Family.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.

Taskbar says: Bluetooth: Not available and Wifi: No hardware installed.

I am by no means expecting instant help, as I knew this was a possibility, and I have two other operating systems I can use in the meantime, but has anyone had the same issues on 10.11? Thank you in advance.

Upgraded my PB 4540s (Clover EFI) to OSX 10.11 (knowing the risks of issues like this) and everything is fine with the exception of no wifi or bluetooth. I'm using a Broadcom BCM94352HMB, and had previously applied the 5Ghz patch and injected the device ID to make everything work. It seems as though the patch no longer works on 10.11. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

No device-id injection requires. PBI uses FakePCIID.

And 5ghz patch is the same as before.

Make sure you updated everything with the latest PBI.

Upon running the PBI CE 6.4.3, I see two errors about kexts:

DirectHW.kext is not compatible with this version of OSX

I think DirectHW.kext is used by lspci (which, of course, is not necessary).

IO80211Family.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.

This kext should be vanilla. Why did you patch it?

Taskbar says: Bluetooth: Not available and Wifi: No hardware installed.

For dealing with BCM94352HMB WiFi/BT see FAQ:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Keep in mind PBI-CE implements the solution shown in the FAQ (AFAIK).

So I messed things up even more... Now, I have no wifi, bluetooth, AND my screen is split into four sections mirroring the desktop. I used the restore partition in Clover to reinstall 10.11 with a fresh download, and things are still messed up after a clean install. What do I do now to fix my OSX? Not liking El Capitan so far, haha

So I messed things up even more... Now, I have no wifi, bluetooth, AND my screen is split into four sections mirroring the desktop.

You used the wrong settings in PBI-CE.

Make sure you use the settings appropriate for your hardware...

Rehabman, you are a god. Seriously, you reply to every issue. On every board. All the time. I want to buy you a beer. What is your paypal?

DirectHW.kext not compatible with this version of OS X pops up when loading Kext utility

DirectHW.kext not compatible with this version of OS X pops up when loading Kext utility

Off-topic... How is DirectHW.kext related to WiFi/BT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back