ASRock H97M Anniversary
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I am trying to set up my first costume Mac. I followed the installation guide for El Capitan (10.11.3). I used MultiBeast (8.1) for post installation and installed the latest NVIDIA Webdriver (for 10.11.3). After rebooting the display resolution switched to the correct format and all the graphic effects like the one when logging in are now displayed without lagging (as it was before) from which I derive the driver was installed correctly.

Sadly I have now some issues with the graphical elements in my web browser. Images using transparent overlay are displayed as if the memory was corrupted (checkerboard pattern and randomly missing pixels). Interestingly video elements are played without any issue.

Reinstalling the web driver and switching between the drivers (native & web) was not successful.

Does someone know how to fix this?

----------

I have installed a GTX 970 from MSI.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Can you post a screen shot? If it is what I am thinking it will look like, then there has been no solution and it occasionally occurs.

Thanks for your support and sorry for the latency in my response Jim. (I was some days off.)

Here are two screen captures showing the issue:
Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-20 um 17.25.55.png Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-20 um 18.02.11.png
These 'blocks' appear in Portal 2 at almost any edge of a plane as well (like the grid and the block in the 2nd image)

After some research I noticed that this issue was detected on Windows games as well (esp. on Maxwell cards like the 970). A test with Win7 and Far Dry 3 on my system (only the SSD was exchanged) passed without any issue.

It seems to be rooted at the driver. I tried several Web driver Versions for 10.11.3. None of them changed anything.

Maybe it's connected to CUDA. I had it installed right from the beginning. Sadly there is no uninstall/disable button to experiment without it.

-------
EDIT: added the 2nd image

I don't think it is driver related. Here is a screen shot from my machine. I am running 10.11.3 with the latest drivers and also using a MSI GTX 970.

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 4.03.11 PM.png

Good to know it's working at least for you.

I installed win7 and downloaded the latest driver. (The monitor and the monitor cable type was changed as well. I even reinstalled the GUP.) Still the same:cry:
23.03.16.2.30.03.JPG23.03.16.2.36.03.JPG
It must be related to the harware.

Does this problem match your expectations of the problem you mentioned earlier?

Thx for your support!

No, unfortunately it doesn't match what I was expecting. This is what I was expecting:

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.15.03 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back