Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be easy to do once you have mapped out your USB ports. All you have to do is add that port to uia_exclude.

Great news will check it out now :D

This is my first Hackintosh experience. I installed Sierra 10.12.1 and now everything seems to work fine. I first had problems with the USB ports, but after I ran again Multibeast with the Increase Max Port Limit option ON the USBs started working flawlessly. Another user pointed me to this discussion where the USB process "the right way" is explained in detail. So my question are:
-do I need to repeat these steps also with Sierra?
-I saw the Appendix: Working USB SSDTs by Motherboard and I found my motherboard (Gigabyte z170x ud5-th) listed with the .aml and .dsl files.
Here I'm a little confused: I tried to read the discussion extensively but I haven't found a precise answer. What do I need precisely to do with those files? For what I understood I need to copy the .aml file into the EFI/Clover/Acpi/patched folder after having mounted it? Thanks for helping me!

This is my first Hackintosh experience. I installed Sierra 10.12.1 and now everything seems to work fine. I first had problems with the USB ports, but after I ran again Multibeast with the Increase Max Port Limit option ON the USBs started working flawlessly. Another user pointed me to this discussion where the USB process "the right way" is explained in detail. So my question are:
-I saw the Appendix: Working USB SSDTs by Motherboard and I found my motherboard (Gigabyte z170x ud5-th) listed with the .aml and .dsl files.
Here I'm a little confused: I tried to read the discussion extensively but I haven't found a precise answer. What do I need precisely to do with those files? For what I understood I need to copy the .aml file into the EFI/Clover/Acpi/patched folder after having mounted it? Thanks for helping me!

Bump!

Thanks to ammulder for great job and spark100 to share .aml for my Asus Z170i-PRO.

All work like a charm for your job, It is a pity the bug of HD530 to sleep, but would be perfect

Hi there,
Did you figure it out already? I'm in the same situation, same mobo and same doubts ;-)

I guess you're right about where the .aml file should be copied.
Apparently there's also a code (APIC patch) you have to insert in the config.plist, but I haven't figured out what it is. Then you have to disable some of the ports you're not using by inserting another code (something like 'uia_exclude=HS09;HS10') in something what's called Boot Argument, but I haven't figured it out as well.
Good luck.

I got it working. See post #648 in this thread, pastrychef explains it very well.

I had trouble copying and pasting the APIC patch, so I added it in Clover Configurator following the screenshot in pastrychef's post.

Hallo, Happy Holidays to all!
I have a GA-B150M-DS3H mobo, but alas, cannot boot from HDD.
Installed on HDD after booting from USB, but cannot boot from HDD to run Multibeast
..Monitor stays dark....
Running Multibeast after OS install before reboot is the only occasion,... then after reboot screen remains dark.

Any hints?
Many thanks.

Last edited:
About to install my USB ports but am curious, I see a second method here and seems a little quicker.

I've been following the crnd's install since I have a similar board. Anyone know advantages or disadvantages to either method?

Also, what happens when you plug a USB hub into a port you've activated? Do you need to activate those ports or does it just work like a normal Mac? If you have a 15 port limit, does it include Hubs?

Last edited:
About to install my USB ports but am curious, I see a second method here and seems a little quicker.

I've been following the crnd's install since I have a similar board. Anyone know advantages or disadvantages to either method?

Also, what happens when you plug a USB hub into a port you've activated? Do you need to activate those ports or does it just work like a normal Mac? If you have a 15 port limit, does it include Hubs?
This method here is easier although the SSDT method by Pike is more future proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back