Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
is IOAPIC Fix necessary for Sierra on a skylake build?
Also, since I use DSDT and SSDT-USB fix do I have to check drop OEM on SDDT on clover?

Last edited:
I got it working. See post #648 in this thread, pastrychef explains it very well.

I had trouble copying and pasting the APIC patch, so I added it in Clover Configurator following the screenshot in pastrychef's post.
Finally I had time to read carefully the post...everything worked fine!Thanks to everybody for this great guide!

Hello ppl, my setup is
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU: Core i7-6700K
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
GPU: onboard

I am trying to get a better Sierra setup on my hackintosh, I followed the suggestions of this thread.

But setup gets stuck as you can see in the screen

$ busy timeout [0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

My config.plist file is also attached and additions are marked with <!-- start, <!-- end .

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 184
If you use the SSDT-USB.aml, you can delete the the 15 port limit patch. However, you must still remember to use the IOAPCI patch as detailed in the first post of this thread (Step #2).

Here's what I did:
  1. Added the SSDT-USB.aml file to my /EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ folder.
  2. Deleted the 15 USB port limit patch from KextsToPatch in my config.plist.
  3. Added the the IOAPCI fix to KextsToPatch in my config.plist. (Easiest way is to just copy/paste from post #1 using TextEdit.)View attachment 219212
  4. Chose which USB ports I wanted to disable to bring my active USB ports down to 15. Then enter it in to config.plist.
  5. I chose to disable the two USB ports next to the the USB3.1 ports and the unused internal USB2 header ports which resulted in: uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS08;SS09;SS10View attachment 219211
Pastrychef, if I wanted to enable the USB2 header and the rear USB3 ports but not use the internal USB3 header, would I exclude hs01,ss01,hs02,ss02? that would bring me below the 15 port limit? (I have the same motherboard as you)

It would be: uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS09;HS10;SS01;SS02;SS09;SS10

Last edited:
There are two USB2 headers on the motherboard (HS11, HS12, HS13, HS14). Just add whichever you won't be using to the exclude list. Since Skylake has 26 entries, you should have at least 11 in the exclude list to bring it down to 15.

An alternative to excluding USB ports is to document the ports you have in actual use/connected and only inject them. Many Asus boards have ASMedia ports which can be serviced by GenericUSBXHCI.kext that are excluded from Apple's port limit.

Last edited:
Am i supposed to include the "[ B ]" and "[ /B ]" in my config or is that an indicator for where to begin copying code? My config isn't working and I think I must be making a syntax error of some kind

EDIT: Formatting

Last edited:
Should the IOAPIC Fix also present in notebook config.plist on Mac OS 10.12.2?

I'm using mobo GA-Z170X-UD3-Ultra. How can I detect which one is port in the internal mobo?

My issue is that, the first time I setup following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...170x-ud3-ultra-intel-i7-6700k-gtx-950.208305/ and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/, I got almost everything working including bluetooth and hands-off.

For whatever reason (perhaps power surge which fried my power supply), after replacing my power supply, my bluetooth is not detected while the WIFI is working just fine. I contacted OSXWIFI the supplier and they pointed me to this thread.

If anyone can help, it's really appreciated. Let me know what information you need to help.

An alternative to excluding USB ports is to document the ports you have in actual use/connected and only inject them. Many Asus boards have ASMedia ports which can be serviced by GenericUSBXHCI.kext that are excluded from Apple's port limit.

Can you expand this, what do you mean with "only inject them". Inject in Clover and not use an SSDT? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back