Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Can we use dual monitors with iGPU HD 530 ?

I have one monitor connected to HDMI port, another to DVI port. Each of them works normally when using alone. But when I have both connected, I can only have mirror screen, and only the one connected to DVI has the right resolution setting.
Do you have any other solutions beside buying a new vga card? Is it the only choice?

Skylake Starter Guide

carsonp, can you post your config and other things you have done? no stuck on installscreen?

Here is what hardware I have and what works for me so far

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
Intel 6700K
Asus GTX 980 Strix
Samsung SM951 (AHIC Version, not nvme. This is important)
Startech ST1000SPEX2 PCIe Ethernet
USB Dac/Amp for audio but onboard works (See post 1 & 2 of this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html)
Mac OS 10.11.1 (10.11.2 breaks the USB fix unfortunately)

Pre-setup steps
Update your bios to the latest version f4b at time of writing this
Disable the serial port
Disable IOAPIC 24-119
Set OS to Win 8 WHQL
Disable CSM

Lets get started!

1. Make a Unibeast USB using the clover option and default settings and then overwrite the CLOVER folder on the USB EFI partition with the one linked below.
2. Install Mac OS
3. Reboot.
4. Use Multibeast 8.0.1 with Clover and default settings, then like with the USB, overwrite the CLOVER folder on your HD's EFI partition with the one linked below.
5. Reboot from the HD and remove the USB used to install.

These steps are if you have a new Nvidia based GPU If you aren't using an newer Nvidia based GPU, just remove that flag entirely for both the USB config and the final config.

---
6. Install Nvidia web drivers and but don't reboot yet.
6.5 Copy AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop and follow this post to patch it http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-after-nvidia-346-01-02f01-2.html#post1018395
7. Open the config file on the EFI partition and change nv_disable=1 to nada_drv=1.
---

8. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Extra info:

Here's what's included in my CLOVER folder and what is optional

- ACPI/patched SSDT-USB.aml (this is for the USB patch for the UD5 TH board only)
- Kexts/ 10.10 & 10.11
- RealtekRTL8111.kext (for the startech network card, remove this if you don't have a realtek based pci-e card)
- USBInjectAll.kext (needed for the USB 3 fix)
- FakeSMC (do not remove)
- Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Skylake Starter Guide

Hello I am new here so I don't know nothing about it but I need Mac and a Pc too so I will try this option.
My PC
Intel i5 6700k
Ram DDR4 2133
GPU GTX 750 ti
Motherboard MSI H170a Gaming Pro
HDD 500GB
Wireless card TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band

I try one couple time but I can't install the system because before instalation screen is block to be exact when the apple is loading. Any help? thanks.

Skylake Starter Guide

Can we use dual monitors with iGPU HD 530 ?

I have one monitor connected to HDMI port, another to DVI port. Each of them works normally when using alone. But when I have both connected, I can only have mirror screen, and only the one connected to DVI has the right resolution setting.
Do you have any other solutions beside buying a new vga card? Is it the only choice?

So far, no. Posts 222 and 223 in the Skylake test thread describe the current state of the Intel HD Graphics 530.

Skylake Starter Guide

Hi Carson, Thank you, that worked our perfectly for me!
Did you manage to get the sound installed?

Skylake Starter Guide

I would like to thank you!
Seriously I copied your Clover folder and removed the kexts not required and now I'm getting a boot to the installer!

Many many thanks ill keep you posted!

For all those wondering yes my motherboard is identical Gigabyte Z710 UD5-TH nice piece of kit and I'm running a 6700 with 16GB DDR4 and a 250GB SSD.

Update 1 : I have installed OSX. On reboot I boot into Unibeast and boot into the SDD via USB.

I'm quite new at this soo I'm just trying to figure out how to overwrite the clover folder on the SSD.
And which basic settings should i be using.

I'm aware to use EFI mounter but when using Multibeast I am not getting the configuration right and I click install and I reboot to the SSD and I get still waiting for root device Sign.

Your step 4 ->
4. Use Multibeast 8.0.1 with Clover and default settings, then like with the USB, overwrite the CLOVER folder on your HD's EFI partition with the one linked below.

Update 2 :
So simple after a good nights sleep it was as simple as dragging the EFI contents from the USB to the SSD EFI Folder and on reboot Bingo!.

Will proceed now to setup sound and Graphics drivers.

Update 3 : Ok so I'm not an expert maybe copying the contents wasn't correct but it worked if theres a simpler way to do that the correct way any help would be appreciated.

I installed the graphics drivers and went to attempt to do this step

(
Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities
> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
> ConfigMap
F60DEB81FF30ACF6 change from Config 2 to none.

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot. Originally Posted by rankrotten )

But I cannot find it at all?

Skylake Starter Guide

I do not have enough posts to PM you yet so i'll have to post it here...
PM's are not to be used for help as it deprives others of potential solutions per the Forum's Rules & Policies.
General Rules
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Skylake Starter Guide

This is awesome, thank you Carson! I'm going to grab this hardware and give it a shot! Will report back here once it's built!

Here is what hardware I have and what works for me so far

Skylake Starter Guide

This is awesome, thank you Carson! I'm going to grab this hardware and give it a shot! Will report back here once it's built!

I am in the same exact boat. I have every other component necessary for my build except ram, mobo, and cpu. I am waiting for them to drop in price a little bit. 6600k seems crazy at $275 for me and the ud5th seems to have gone up in price some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back