Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

First of all, thank you :D
I've installed El Capitan using Intel Graphic Card (Intel® HD Graphics 530 - via HDMI).
I'm able to boot the os installed on the SSD, I run Multibeast and select:
- UEFI boot mode in the first windows
- In the second one, I choose Audio > RealTek ALC892 and Optional HD 3000/HD 4000/HD 530 HDMI Audio
- In the same windows, I choose
Code:
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
 Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC  v6.18.1394
 Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18.1394
 Drivers  > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18.1394
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIGB v5.2.9.4

...then, I select my SSD and click on Install.

But... at the next running, I've this error:
IMAG0058.jpg
... and the pc reboot... :(

In attachments, the last config.plist on EFI USB partition.

Thank you in advance (and sorry for my english) :D

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 219
Skylake Starter Guide

You shouldn't install FakeSMC plugins from this release of MultiBeast on a Skylake board. The upcoming release should have a Skylake-friendly build. For now if you want the plugins you should find RehabMan's build.

In the mean time, you can delete the CPUSensors kext that's causing the panic.

Skylake Starter Guide

You shouldn't install FakeSMC plugins from this release of MultiBeast on a Skylake board. The upcoming release should have a Skylake-friendly build. For now if you want the plugins you should find RehabMan's build.

In the mean time, you can delete the CPUSensors kext that's causing the panic.

I've re-installed all the OS..
Now, I run MultiBeast and in Drivers > Misc, I can't be able to disable FakeSMC v6.18.1394 option...
Can I continue or have I to do something before go on?

Thank you :D

EDIT: In kexts/10.10 and kexts/10.11 folder, in the USB EFI Partition, I've the FakeSMC kexts ... Have I to delete it and re install?

Skylake Starter Guide

Hey buddy,

Can you tell me how did you generate an SSDT with the OC'd turbo frequency? For some reason, my Hackintosh stops booting if I OC it. I have a Core i5 - 6500 and a Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 mobo.

I know how to create a normal SSDT for the CPU, but not sure how to create one with OC'd frequencies.

It might be different since you have a non-K CPU. I was just able to run ssdtPRGen with "-turbo 4600", since 46 is the maximum turbo multiplier set in the UEFI.

Since non-K CPUs can't increase their multiplier the method I used might not work for you. There's also a "-bclk" argument you can pass to it that might help.

Make sure you have another bootable OS handy so you can access your EFI partition and remove/rename the SSDT if it does anything unexpected.

Skylake Starter Guide

You must have FakeSMC.kext on your system -- just not the plugins (sensors).

I can boot El Capitan on my SSD using Clover on the USB, but, if I try to boot directly from SSD, I've some problem...

This is the config.plist in the SSD EFI Partition...

Is there any solution?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 202
Skylake Starter Guide

After a little more thought I decided to go with an iMac17,1 SMBIOS and make the edit (make the SSDT to rename the GPU when I have more time) to prevent the EDID from being injected. I might change it in the future if there's non-Retina Skylake iMacs that get released.

Skylake Starter Guide

Sadly, it's quite impossible to suggest a solution based on that description of the problem.

I'm sorry, but...
The installation via USB goes pretty good, even if there is a problem with colors (sometimes, colors change while I'm moving the mouse... ) in dock, windows bar and logon windows...
I reboot the machine, at the boot selection, I select again the USB, I boot into new installation of El Capitan (on my SSD). I've problem with colors still. However, I run Multibeast, I select
Code:
UEFI boot mode
Audio > RealTek ALC892
Audio > Optional HD 3000/HD 4000/HD 530 HDMI Audio
In Multibeast, I can't disable FakeSMC option ... Have I to disable it necessarily?

..then, I select El Capitan partition on the SSD and I click install.

Try to reboot, in the boot selection, I choose my SSD UEFI partition, but, in verbose mode, I stuck on this screen
IMAG0062.jpg

... in single user verbose mode I stuck on this screen
IMAG0064.jpg

... but after few seconds, I have this screen
IMAG0065.jpg
(I suppose there's a Still waiting for root device error... )

And in the attachments, the config.plist in El Capitan EFI Partition.

If you want any other information, I'm here ...

Thanks a lot :D

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 230
Skylake Starter Guide

I run Multibeast, I select
Code:
UEFI boot mode
Audio > RealTek ALC892
Audio > Optional HD 3000/HD 4000/HD 530 HDMI Audio
(I suppose there's a Still waiting for root device error... )

Note that as far as I know, HDMI audio doesn't yet actually work on Skylake boards yet. So I wouldn't count on getting that part working.

FakeSMC is mandatory. You just don't want the plugins (the list above does not include them, so that's fine).

I've found AppleIGB to be pretty buggy on my H170N-WIFI -- crashes a lot and etc. If you run into kernel panics caused by it, I would remove it.

Then, make sure you still have USBInjectAll installed on the system drive. It can either be in the CLOVER/kexts/... directory on the EFI partition, or in /Library/Extensions if you prefer (or if you copy everything below it should come along for the ride).

Finally, if you can boost from the USB but not the system drive, you can copy the EFI partition content from USB drive to system drive. That will give you a redundant copy of FakeSMC (since the USB has it in CLOVER/kexts/... but MultiBeast installs it to /Library/Extensions) so you can then delete it from one of those places. It will also break the audio driver, so after doing that and booting to the system drive you'll need to re-run MultiBeast and select only the Realtek ALC892 and install that, but then you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back