Contribute
Register

10.10.3 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the system to boot in safe mode. I ran the latest Probook Installer again, but it gives an error halfway through the install. Clover is latest version, also. I now have graphical errors with on screen flicker and no sound. Is this from 10.10.3 being incompatible with my 4540s because I have drivers for 10.10.2? I think I just need to wait for Probook Installer to be updated for 10.10.3 to fix drivers. Is this accurate? I read in the tutorial that I could safely update to any 10.10.x update without worry, so I updated from the app store. I updated several times before without problems.. How do I make my system stable again? I will survive with safe mode if that is what I must do until a fix is found. Thank you for the help!
PBI CE can't run in safe mode. You should create Clover usb and boot from it, use CC to mount efi partition, open config.plist then rempve the second stage patch.

I will try that tomorr and post results. Thank you!

I will post the new PBI CE with second stage patch removed. In the mean time you can boot from usb and edit config.plist.

Can I edit config.plist from safe mode? That would save time for creating the USB drive.

Can I edit config.plist from safe mode? That would save time for creating the USB drive.
Safe mode can't mount fat32 partition.
You just need to create Clover partition, just 3 minutes.

PBI CE can't run in safe mode. You should create Clover usb and boot from it, use CC to mount efi partition, open config.plist then rempve the second stage patch.

Worked perfect!!!!

Thank you so much.

Worked perfect!!!!

Thank you so much.

Will you please elaborate on what you did to fix it? I created a Clover USB, but it freezes at black screen with Apple logo when I boot Mac HD. Then restarts probook to hp logo. How did you boot successful from USB but not safe mode because it does not mount efi (fat32) for config.plist?? I want to fix mine too! :)

Will you please elaborate on what you did to fix it? I created a Clover USB, but it freezes at black screen with Apple logo when I boot Mac HD. Then restarts probook to hp logo. How did you boot successful from USB but not safe mode because it does not mount efi (fat32) for config.plist?? I want to fix mine too! :)
If you create usb correctly as my guide, you won't see the apple logo.

Will you please elaborate on what you did to fix it?

Thanks for all the great support. I love this hackintosh community. I'll try to help out a bit here.

I'll elaborate on how I fixed it. Follow my instructions at your own risk, but it worked for me, at least. This should be painfully simple/easy to follow:

1) Go here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

2) Look under "Install OS X Yosemite," and make a Clover USB bootable drive. When making the USB drive, ignore the second partition. You only need the "clover" partition, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

3) DON'T FORGET to download the required files. ("Clover.zip" and "Config.zip")

4) Copy required files from the zip files to your new clover bootable drive.

5) Follow instructions on how to get your ProBook to boot off the drive (F9...EFI...all that stuff)

6) Your computer should boot by this time. When it does, open Clover Configurator

7) Click "Mount EFI partition" (or click on "Mount EFI" followed by "Mount EFI partition")

8) Put in your password

9) Click the little button for "Import Configuration"

10) Navigate to your EFI partition, then the EFI folder, then find the clover folder, and select the "config.plist" file

11) Select "Kernel and Kext Patches." Find anything labelled "second stage patch," highlight them, and click the minus/subtract button just off the bottom of the list.

12) Save, reboot, pray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back