Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 Freeze in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can't be loose wires to the USB-Port?

I had a USB wire connected to the HUB which wasn't connected to anything on the other end, i have now removed the wire and still had freezes..

Do you have a DSDT ? If so, the power delivery issue can be fixed with a simple patch, or at least the Intel ones anyway. It may work for the others but I dont have any of those hubs here.

I don't think i have a DSDT.. I tried to extract one by using the chameleon wizard, but that didn't work.

Thanks, a little busy for the rest of the night but I'll read through everything tomorrow.

Any idea on the two panic errors n my previous post?

In order to help find similarities between mine and other troubled builds, i am listing my build parts here:

• Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
• Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K
• CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
• Graphics Card: MSI GAMING GTX 970
• Ram: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1866Mhz
• Mac SSD Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
• Windows SSD Boot Drive: Samsung M.2 Drive 128GB
• Mac Media Drives: 2 Western Digital Red 3 TB drives (in software Raid 0)
• Windows Media Drive: Hitachi 500GB HDD
• Power Supply: Corsair RM 6850
• Case: NZXT Phantom Big Tower
Sound Card: Onboard Audio
• Wifi Card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
• Operating System: Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Yosemite Installed from Unibeast USB, and thereafter running Multibeast with previously posted config.

Just make a Clover USB-Stick for Booting.

Just did that, and so far after 15 minutes (with 10 Mounted USB's and USB HDD's) still no freezes :clap:.. Of course this is not enough testing to be sure that the problem is fixed, so i will use the hackintosh for a longer period of time tomorrow, while doing some heavy load work to put some pressure on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back