Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 Freeze in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the logs and the specs confirm you have a problematic USB setup. It is a VIA USB Hub built into the board itself; USB hubs and USB3.0 itself were quite challenging to setup on Z77 anyway.

Have you looked for any other user builds that used this board and see what they did to try and get it working ?

Well the logs and the specs confirm you have a problematic USB setup. It is a VIA USB Hub built into the board itself; USB hubs and USB3.0 itself were quite challenging to setup on Z77 anyway.

Have you looked for any other user builds that used this board and see what they did to try and get it working ?

I've been searching for similar builds for quite some time, but none of them seem to have the USB problems i have.. my board is a GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, which i only found one build of, the rest are a similar board GA-Z97X-UD5H.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mite-ga-z97x-ud5h-bk-i7-4790k-gtx760-2gb.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...z97x-ud5h-i7-4790k-32gb-gtx-760-10-9-4-a.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...gb-corsair-vengenance-ram-evga-gtx-760-a.html

Well a quick search reveals several build guides with your exact board.

You should be very clear in future about what hardware you are using too. The link in your first post is suggestive you are using a Z77 when in fact you are not. Z77 is a completely different chipset. Fixes for a Z77 issue are not likely to be the same for Z97.

The Z97X-UD5H-BK is still using a USB hub, but the Renesas one, not VIA.

Search your motherboard model exactly to find other successful user builds and also search for renesas USB3 hub for further background information that may prove useful.

I had this issue when I upgraded to Yosemite.
What fixed my USB was to upgrade the bios to the latest one

I had this issue when I upgraded to Yosemite.
What fixed my USB was to upgrade the bios to the latest one

I also tried that... I upgraded from the F6 firmware to the F7g.. with no change

Only 4x USB3 are Renesas, 4x are Intel Z97.
6x USB2 are Intel Z97.

So it would only ocure with the Renesa -Ports. :confused:

It hasnt been stated which ports, and whilst the power delivery issue can be fixed with a DSDT fix, I would reasonably expect that all ports have been tested. If i had the issues reported, I would certainly be testing every possible one.

It hasnt been stated which ports, and whilst the power delivery issue can be fixed with a DSDT fix, I would reasonably expect that all ports have been tested. If i had the issues reported, I would certainly be testing every possible one.

After reading your post, I have now re-tested all the ports (6x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 from rear IO + 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0 from case front) and have again experienced freezes whilst using every single one of the aforementioned ports...

In order to exclude the possibility of the freezes being caused by some App, Plugin, Kext or other thing that i have installed myself, i did a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.2 on a spare HDD, with the same multibeast settings as posted earlier with the Mac Pro 3,1 definition, and then installed the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers to get my GTX970 working, with the purpose to see if the freezes still would occur.... which it sadly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back