Contribute
Register

Urgent Help Needed! -- GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest bios for Z77X-D3H is F15 or beta bios F16d

oops typo. F15 i meant. so I should use the latest one as on the site?

still unsolved. even after updating my BIOS to F15, i still cannot boot without having to use "-x GraphicsEnabler=No".

i read that it is fine to use GraphicsEnabler=No, since i'm using a Nvidia GTX670 which is supported natively. however i'm having issues getting out of safe mode and booting in normal mode.

any help please? ):

Any News on this?
Same Problem here!
Thanks a lot!

Okay guys,

I see a lot of folks here having issues, so I'll try and help.

If you have a Gigabyte Z77x board, I would suggest try updating to the latest BIOS version and see if it helps.

If you have any boards other than Gigabyte I would also suggest to try to get your BIOS flashed, but with one that has been modded so that native power management can be used. If not, at least make sure you have a copy of FakeSMC and NullCPUManagement.kext is installed somewhere in your /S/L/E.

To help with the install process, change the following in the BIOS:

Disable:
Intel Speedstep
Intel Virtualisation
Bluetooth
LAN
USB 3.0
VT-d

Enable:
High Precision Event Timer
XHCI
AHCI
Preboot XHCI detection
XHCI handoff
EHCI handoff

If using the onboard Intel graphics, try using the Intel DVI connection, and booting with the following string: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

For the Nvidia cards:

If you are using GTX 4xx or GTX 5xx cards use the following string at the Unibeast install: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

If you are using GTX 6xx cards or above use this for Unibeast: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

When you finally get the system installed and going, install your Multibeast with your relevant drivers, most important of which is USERDSDT - then gradually enable the disabled items in BIOS ie. LAN, bluetooth. Unless you are using an Asmedia USB 3.0 like on Asus boards, most Gigabyte Z77s do not need any of the USB 3.0 drivers, but could use Hnak's Intel1000ESD Network driver if you happen to have an Intel LAN port.

For the Asus bluetooth to work, you can search for this as the Asus BT 211 kext under legacy.tonymacx86.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back