Contribute
Register

Urgent Help Needed! -- GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to tell you…it still shows "DSMOS has arrived" so it still is a video problem.

Try booting with: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No

This now.

Attachments

• verbose(-f Graphics).JPG
    verbose(-f Graphics).JPG
    386 KB · Views: 265
"DSMOS has arrived" is at the top of the screen.

I have no more boot flags to recommend. Did you install FakeSMC plugins? These have caused problems for some people. What version of Multibeast did you use - 5.0.2 or 5.1.1?

"DSMOS has arrived" is at the top of the screen.

I have no more boot flags to recommend. Did you install FakeSMC plugins? These have caused problems for some people. What version of Multibeast did you use - 5.0.2 or 5.1.1?

I used 5.1.1, and nope i didn't install ANYTHING except for checking the DSDT box. This is so frustrating ):

I don't know anything else to suggest. I read a posting by someone else with a GTX 670 and they only used GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag and you are able to boot with boot flags -x GraphicsEnabler=0 (which is No).

I don't know anything else to suggest. I read a posting by someone else with a GTX 670 and they only used GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag and you are able to boot with boot flags -x GraphicsEnabler=0 (which is No).

Are there any other lines in the verbose that point out any other errors? And which is the one that shows that it's the GFX card being the issue? Or is it just because it can boot only in GraphicsEnabler=No ?

I want to isolate the problems so at least other people are able to help as well. Thanks for your help so far btw, really appreciate it.

In the last picture, the 2nd line is "DSMOS has arrived". This indicates that you are essentially booted but hanging before displaying the Desktop. This is a well known indicator that graphics are hanging and not displaying the Desktop.

I don't see anything else in verbose that would hang the system.

In the last picture, the 2nd line is "DSMOS has arrived". This indicates that you are essentially booted but hanging before displaying the Desktop. This is a well known indicator that graphics are hanging and not displaying the Desktop.

I don't see anything else in verbose that would hang the system.

hm alright ): the "unknown CPU model 0x3a" is nothing to worry about right? that is just a notification because i'm using an ivy bridge and they can't officially "detect" it right?

by the way if i were to enable audio, would you know which box to check in multi-beast?

i also found in multi-beast it had a GTX 670 driver patch thing. should i bother installing that at all?

hm alright ): the "unknown CPU model 0x3a" is nothing to worry about right? that is just a notification because i'm using an ivy bridge and they can't officially "detect" it right?

by the way if i were to enable audio, would you know which box to check in multi-beast?

i also found in multi-beast it had a GTX 670 driver patch thing. should i bother installing that at all?

I think that the "unknown CPU model" is just a warning and isn't hanging the system.

According to Gigabyte, your audio is VIA VT2021. This is not supported by Apple so you need a modified VoodooHDA kext. Search for "VT2021" on kexts.com. You install the kext using KextBeast but you have to remove the AppleHDA.kext or it will cause a kernel panic.

Click on the GTX 670 item in Multibeast and read the description at the bottom of the installer window. Decide for yourself whether you think you should install it. Personally, I don't think so.

I think that the "unknown CPU model" is just a warning and isn't hanging the system.

According to Gigabyte, your audio is VIA VT2021. This is not supported by Apple so you need a modified VoodooHDA kext. Search for "VT2021" on kexts.com. You install the kext using KextBeast but you have to remove the AppleHDA.kext or it will cause a kernel panic.

Click on the GTX 670 item in Multibeast and read the description at the bottom of the installer window. Decide for yourself whether you think you should install it. Personally, I don't think so.

alright thanks i'll try getting to that when i fix the gfx card. the thing is, if it was ONLY The gfx card causing problems.. wouldn't it work by simply booting with GraphicsEnabler=No ? how come i still need to use -x ?

alright thanks i'll try getting to that when i fix the gfx card. the thing is, if it was ONLY The gfx card causing problems.. wouldn't it work by simply booting with GraphicsEnabler=No ? how come i still need to use -x ?

GraphicsEnabler is a helper built into Chimera. Selecting "No" tells the Chimera helper to bug off. This would be because it has nothing available for your card or it is not helping your card.

But the Apple/Nvidia driver is still engaged. About 1/4 of the way down in the last picture, you find "NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered". Booting in safe mode (-x) tells OSX to not load the video driver. That means your video is sort of loading without a driver. But in reality all video cards have a primitive driver built into the card called a VESA driver and that is what it uses when the Apple/Nvidia driver is turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back