Contribute
Register

ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultrazone, are you able to dual boot with Windows 7 using this method?

Ultrazone, are you able to dual boot with Windows 7 using this method?

Sorry, I don't use Windows at all… Maybe someone around tried it...

Sorry, I don't use Windows at all… Maybe someone around tried it...

Thanks for the reply. For anyone reading this, I actually believe it is not possible to boot into Windows 7 with CSM disabled (regardless of whether you boot from Clover or not). Windows 8 will boot with CSM disabled, but Windows 7 requires it for initial loading of the graphics drivers.

I refuse to update to Windows 8 so I will keep CSM enabled for my Windows needs.

I actually believe it is not possible to boot into Windows 7 with CSM disabled (regardless of whether you boot from Clover or not). Windows 8 will boot with CSM disabled, but Windows 7 requires it for initial loading of the graphics drivers.

+1. I experienced the same when installing W7 to a spare drive around a year ago (I needed Windows for running some software).

Good tip!

Great guide Ultrazone!

But,

If you are using an Ivy-Bridge CPU your best choice is “MacMini6,2”. With this system definition you will get the best power management and other features like AirPlay.

I wanted to add that if you see purple-ish video in quicktime related video playback applications, this is due to the MacMini system definition. This definition also cause a little *POP* in the speakers before sound is played after a long period of inactivity. I preferred to switch back to my good-old Mac Pro definition.

I hope this clarifies some issues you may have.

--Cheers form Canada--

Ultrazone, do you plan on updating this guide or creating a new one for Yosemite? I'm going to do a clean install next week when Yosemite finally drops and I plan to use this guide to start.

I wanted to add that if you see purple-ish video in quicktime related video playback applications, this is due to the MacMini system definition. This definition also cause a little *POP* in the speakers before sound is played after a long period of inactivity.

Those wanting/needing Macmini sysdef (best sysdef for power management in Z77) will have to enable HD4000 and configure AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in order to avoid the graphic problem you mention. I don't know about the audio issue since I don't use integrated audio.

Hope it clarifies this question!

Ultrazone, do you plan on updating this guide or creating a new one for Yosemite? I'm going to do a clean install next week when Yosemite finally drops and I plan to use this guide to start.

Yes I do, but I don't know when yet. If you feel brave, just try the same method, I'm almost sure it will work.

Please tell us your findings and good luck!

Hey ultrazone,

Just wondering. I installed Yosemite using this install guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html and then realized that in order for continuity/handoff to work, I will need clover. So, found this guide since I have the same board. Question is, I have Yosemite installed right now. Is it possible for me just to install the BIOS with GOP (has to be the integrated driver as the dedicated I have is a 560ti) and just follow your instructions from installing Clover to the HD on? Or, will I have to re-do it from scratch?

Thanks, a complete Clover newb here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back