Contribute
Register

ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to why people use macmini6,2 over imac 13,2 or vice versa. It said something about better power management, but that's kind of vague. I've used imac13,2 in the past and just curious what benefit I may see using macmini6,2. And for those using imac13,2 why not use macmini6,2?

The idea is to match your system hardware as closely as possible to the nearest Mac model.
For most people MacPro3,1 is the one that will be the most suitable initially and changing to some models does have pitfalls.
The bottom line is, if you don't understand it then don't change from MacPro3,1.

You can see system specs here or by using the free Mactracker app.

The idea is to match your system hardware as closely as possible to the nearest Mac model.
For most people MacPro3,1 is the one that will be the most suitable initially and changing to some models does have pitfalls.
The bottom line is, if you don't understand it then don't change from MacPro3,1.

You can see system specs here or by using the free Mactracker app.

Sorry, maybe I came off as far more of a noob than I really am. Then again, maybe I'm more of a noob than I think I am. Who knows? Either way, from my understanding MacPro3,1 definition is a generic, all encompassing profile, but not really the best for most. Having an Ivy Bridge CPU, the macmini6,2 and imac13,2 are the better profiles to use. I understand macmini6,2 (at least someone said somewhere, that macmini6,2 offers better power management, and I've also read it is better to use in terms of speed-step since imac13,2 only has 4. Though I've heard other reasons for going with imac13,2 over macmini6,2. I have never heard any reasons for using anything else in respect to this board. Hopefully this helps to better understand what I was asking.

I have a strange problem,
Two weeks ago I could install Yosemite in full UEFI Boot with clover, but Pro Tools 10 won't work at this system.

Now, I'm trying to go back to Mavericks with full UEFI, but I couldn't get access to my USB Drive, made with your tutorial, via F12...
When looking in the BIOS it sees the USB Drive, but there I even can't choose the USB Drive to boot of...

Any idea's what I'm doing wrong ?

Hi everyone! Excuse me for my bad english. I am not native speaker.
I need your help. For the last 4 days i've read tons of manuals about clover. I almost have no hope i can reach the clover hackintosh. I even can't reach the installation process. I just don't know what am i doing wrong!!

At first a had problem during boot with firewire guid 0000000. Ok, i've downloaded the firewire file from this thread and now i don't have this problem. but i still can't reach the installation process. it just shows kernel error and reboot.

I do not know what am i doing wrong.:banghead:

bios f16

z77x-ud5h rev1.1

intel core i5-3330 3ghz

16 gig ram

gtx 680

I'm doing all steps according to manuals.

Maybe the problem is my processor? almost all manuals written with i7-3770 :(
I've tried to instal os x with integrated gfx hd 2500 - no luck. tried discrette gtx680 - the same ((

p.s. i had a lot of successful installations with unibeast and multibeast. but i need clover (((

any help will be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back