Contribute
Register

ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I really like this tutorial. Wanna try something new. Until now i had dualboot with Chameleon bootloader but i wan't to give a try to this setup and overclocking too. iMessages don't working for me. I read somewhere that with this Clover iMessages will work again. I have i7 3770k, Z77X-UD5H, 16 GB Ram 1600 MHz, and very good CPU Fan. So pretty similar to your CustoMac. But i have Bios version F14. And in the Bios setting M.I.T. - Advanced voltage settings - CPU Core voltage control. I have CPU Vcore by default at 1.120V and you have 1.190V. So i need to set CPU Vcore to Normal and Dynamic Vcore(DVID) to +0.265 (You set +0.195V) to have the same value as you? I want overclock to 4.7 GHz too. I have red addresses when i click on them. But i can log in to iMessages and iCloud and App Store working fine. Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english. :)

Hi,

I really like this tutorial. Wanna try something new. Until now i had dualboot with Chameleon bootloader but i wan't to give a try to this setup and overclocking too. iMessages don't working for me. I read somewhere that with this Clover iMessages will work again. I have i7 3770k, Z77X-UD5H, 16 GB Ram 1600 MHz, and very good CPU Fan. So pretty similar to your CustoMac. But i have Bios version F14. And in the Bios setting M.I.T. - Advanced voltage settings - CPU Core voltage control. I have CPU Vcore by default at 1.120V and you have 1.190V. So i need to set CPU Vcore to Normal and Dynamic Vcore(DVID) to +0.265 (You set +0.195V) to have the same value as you? I want overclock to 4.7 GHz too. I have red addresses when i click on them. But i can log in to iMessages and iCloud and App Store working fine. Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english. :)

Sorry, I can't help you with overclocking parameters since the ones I use were suggested to me by another forum member who had the same mobo & CPU.

I would recommend you to try and see what works for you, because every build is different at some point.

Good luck!

Hi,
I don't understand how the BIOS settings are important for :

• M.I.T. - Advanced frequency settings.
Why should you set the CPU Clock Ratio and the Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) ?

• M.I.T. - Advanced memory settings
  • M.I.T. - Advanced voltage settings - DRAM voltage control.
Are those really important to run OSX with Clover ?

I didn't put the overclock settings (optional), or the boot option (required).

Thanks.

Are those really important to run OSX with Clover ?

I didn't put the overclock settings (optional), or the boot option (required).

Thanks.

The Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) is to enable 1600Mhz RAM modules. All the other settings you mention are necessary only if you overclock.

Hope it makes sense!

Hi all,

Ultrazone, excellent tutorial! Thank you so much for all of your work as I have a nearly fully operating machine.

The problem I'm having (other than onboard sound, topic for another day) is that hardware monitor and iStat menus 5 can only read drive temperatures. I am getting no CPU temp, CPU speed, GPU temp, GPU speed, or motherboard data. CPU, GPU, Network, and Memory activity are being displayed correctly.

I have installed the FakeSMC Plugins from Multibeast, I have tried clearing the kext cache via kextwizard and repairing permissions. I used the FakeSMC from your first post.

My build is with GA-Z77X-UD5H, 3570K, GTX 660, Clover. I did not do anything with a DSDT, SSDT, or Clover Configurator for the install. I did not change the system definition.

Does anyone know how I might get temp reporting? Thanks!

Last edited:
I successfully had a working installation with this guide, but as bbd700 I don't have any sensors working in iStatMenu, and I don't have audio, but I guess it is normal because I didn't install any other kext ? What kext or tool did you used for audio ? I didn't want to use Multibeast because I guess it is for Chimera/Chameleon install ?

Thanks.

I am getting no CPU temp, CPU speed, GPU temp, GPU speed, or motherboard data. CPU, GPU, Network, and Memory activity are being displayed correctly.

Does anyone know how I might get temp reporting? Thanks!

Looks like your FakeSMC plugins aren't located in the right place. They should go into /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/YOUR_OSX_VERSION (10.9 or whatever).

Then you have to reboot without caches for the kexts to be loaded: push the space bar when you are selecting your boot choice in Clover's interface and a bunch of options will appear, being one of them "Boot without caches". Select it, hit enter and wait for your computer to boot.

Hope it helps!

I don't have any sensors working in iStatMenu.

I have just answered to bbd700 regarding this issue in the previous post. Have a look there.

What kext or tool did you used for audio?

I followed toleda's guide for audio in Mavericks.

Hope it helps!

Thank you ultrazone for responding! I had originally installed to S/L/E, but unfortunately no change after moving the kexts into the EFI's FAKESMC package, must be another issue. I also updated the MB BIOS to the modded version you are running, but no change with HWMonitor or iStat menus 5.

Could there be a problem with me having two FAKESMC kexts (one in S/L/E and one in EFI)?

For those with audio problems I'm just using an Apogee One I already had as a USB solution. It only works in OSX though, have to swap plugs to MB ports when moving to Windows.

Could there be a problem with me having two FAKESMC kexts (one in S/L/E and one in EFI)?

Yes, delete your FakeSMC at S/L/E, repair permissions and rebuild caches with KextWizard and then reboot selecting "Boot without caches" in Clover's GUI.

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back