Contribute
Register

[Success] BacMook's Build - i7 4770k - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. The UD4H is in the buyers guide and the installer... just works! To use Apple's phrase :)

Sweet! No hiccups or anything?? I just have the chance to return my ud4h for a ud3h (and save some $$) . So if the ud4h is anymore difficult than the ud3h then I would like to go with the ud3h. Thanks!

Hi is this possible run Mac OS X Mavericks on this build? Did you try it? If yes can you tell me what i must do in settings? :)
Thanks i really like your build! :)

Hi according to previous posts i guess that it can work with maverics :)
Here it is :)

Hey BacMook,

First id like to say I love your build. Today I just bought a 4770k and a ud-4h from microcenter :). So it seems like your mavericks installation ran perfectly? Did you have any issues while setting up? I notice that the ud-4h isnt on the monthly buyers guide =/ I have 15 days to return my board incase i need to buy a ud-3h/ud-5h. thanks!

Thanks Stork :)

I upgraded to Mavericks on Thursday using a USB stick and it went perfectly. There's no longer any need to go through that weird process to get audio working on this board. The current drivers in Multibeast work brilliantly. Current MultiBeast config:

View attachment 71104
Now that I can boot with Kernel cache enabled, the machine boots up so much faster.

Mavericks detects my GPU properly now (ML reported it as a GK104):

View attachment 71106
I dropped my overclock from 4.4GHz to 4GHz for stability. New benchmarks:

View attachment 71112View attachment 71113View attachment 71114

Since the original post I've added a LiteOn iHAS120 DVD writer to this machine and it works perfectly.

I added

Code:
    <key>SMmaximalclock</key>
    <string>4000</string>

to my SMBios to fix reporting of my overclock in System Information. Mavericks was reporting 3.9GHz even though the OC is 4GHz.

[Edit]
iMessage now working by including FileNVRAM 1.1.2 in /Extra/modules (1.1.3 does not work).

BacMook, what were the steps you used to enable iMessage? I have read through the jaymonkey's extensive guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html) and verified all the Apple-related requirements are good but I'm a HW guy and terminal comments and modifying kexts are intimidating. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi. Which OS are you using? iMessage stopped working for me when I upgraded to Yosemite and I haven't tried to fix it. In Mountain Lion and Mavericks I'm pretty sure all I had to do was copy a file into /Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back