Contribute
Register

[Success] BacMook's Build - i7 4770k - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Success] BacMook's Build - i7 4770k - GA-X87X-UD4H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760 [Working Audio!] 2GB

thanks for the post! been looking to build with the newer v2 case, good to see reports.

It's a great case. Like I say in the original post, the machine is virtually silent.

Just in case you're not aware of the differences between the v1 and v2, you should check out this review. The v2 is cheaper, bigger, but lacks a few of the features of the v1. It's still awesome though.

[Success] BacMook's Build - i7 4770k - GA-X87X-UD4H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760 [Working Audio!] 2GB

Out of interest, how have your benchmarks changed since you got speedstep working?

I'm looking at building a 4770K onto the UD4H and am trying to decide if it'll be simpler and just as fast going for the UD3H. Do you have an opinion post build?

Great post - very helpful, so thanks.

Out of interest, how have your benchmarks changed since you got speedstep working?

I'm looking at building a 4770K onto the UD4H and am trying to decide if it'll be simpler and just as fast going for the UD3H. Do you have an opinion post build?

Great post - very helpful, so thanks.

No noticeable change in benchmarks since enabling SpeedStep although from watching graphs I can see my CPU throttles back a little during Geekbench. My overclock is likely a bit too much for the stock cooler, so I need to get a better one. That should improve my scores some more.

No regrets getting the UD4H. Apart from a little work to get the audio going, it works perfectly. But then so do the UD3H and UD5H.

Question:

Are the rear esata ports working? Also are any of your usb3.0 ports working at full speed?

Thanks

C...

I can answer for my 4770k/UD4H build: Yes, the rear eSata ports work and all USB 3.0 ports work, although I'm not sure if they are full speed. They seem to be quite fast.

In my new build I initially had random freezes, but that was taking my previous build SSD and installing in the new build and 'upgrading' Mountain Lion on top of that. It used system specs similar to your System 1 build.

Upon instead going with a clean install and 'Migration Assistent' over my User folder, no more random freezes and I expect a number of conflicts between installed kexts from the 2 systems to be at fault.

I might also mention, using the latest MultiBeast 5.5.3 and UniBeast 2.2.1 ... with this motherboard there was no need to follow BacMooks Audio instructions in his first post, just use the MultiBeast audio installation for no DSDT and it was good out of the box.

Noticed a few typos in the title. Please could a mod change it to:

[Success] BacMook's Build - i7 4770k - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760 2GB

I might also mention, using the latest MultiBeast 5.5.3 and UniBeast 2.2.1 ... with this motherboard there was no need to follow BacMooks Audio instructions in his first post, just use the MultiBeast audio installation for no DSDT and it was good out of the box.

Excellent news. Maybe that will also mean I can boot faster with kernel cache. Will upgrade this to Mavericks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back