Contribute
Register

[Success] BacMook's Build - i7 4770k - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey BacMook quick question is the current front page installation guide viable have you made any changes to better your build? I have the same components pretty much except I have a GTX 770 and 32 GB of GSkill 2400mhz RAM and a Fractal case. Just trying to decide if I should go all Hackintosh with this build , Dual Boot with Win 8 and OSX or just go Win 8. Thanks for any advice on following your build I also have and old 2011 Imac i3 I plan to transfer stuff from as well but not absolutely necessary.

Hey BacMook quick question is the current front page installation guide viable have you made any changes to better your build? I have the same components pretty much except I have a GTX 770 and 32 GB of GSkill 2400mhz RAM and a Fractal case. Just trying to decide if I should go all Hackintosh with this build , Dual Boot with Win 8 and OSX or just go Win 8. Thanks for any advice on following your build I also have and old 2011 Imac i3 I plan to transfer stuff from as well but not absolutely necessary.

Hey Abstrak,

Please see this post for changes since upgrading to Mavericks.

If you follow the standard guide for Mavericks with Unibeast you'll get on fine. You may still need to disable XHCI in the BIOS for the installer to boot but you can re-enable it later.

Can I ask you what you have used for wifi adapter? sorry if its listed already but I cant seem to locate it.

I have tl-wn881nd and cant seem to get my wifi to work..

thanks~

I used this and it worked perfectly out of the box without doing anything else at all other than installing on the mobo.

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704133

For installation on my Windows 7 SSD, yes the included DVD was needed to install drivers, but not OSX.

Thanks for this guide I'm up and running but I think I may need to do a fresh install. I have 3 issues that cant seem to wrap my head around.

My ram is showing 2400 with xmp and my GTX 770 is showing up fine. My issues I didnt OC in the bios before installing I was stable at 4.4 in windows but it locks up on the splash screen in OSX. I tried 4.2 4.3 4.4 they all lock up. System shows 3.9.

Next I cant get hdmi audio out of the GTX 770 I found one work around on insanely mac but it was kind of hard to follow.

Last issue my wifi card TL-WN851ND doesnt show up I tried the atheros drive in multibeast that didnt work (spell check). Other than that I think I have everything up and running for the most part.

my geek bench 32bit score is 14557 I should be able to get 16-17 with 4.3 4.4 overclock maybe more hopefully.

Edit 2: Disabled XHCI and it booted with new overclock system shows 4.3 instead of 4.4 though. New geek bench score is 16154. Should this be higher ? Anyway only issue seems to be wifi and hdmi audio.

Hi and thanks for the guide.
I have the same exact build and for the past two weeks I have been trying to get the audio to work with no success.
I tried going according to the guide you referred too but still, no success.
This is my first hackintosh so I might just be missing something obvious to you guys.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help
Tom

Finally at last!!!!
I jest started installing one by one all audio drivers in the moltibeast until ultimatly the driver without dsdt and 885/889a is the one that worked.
Now to my second problem. I have both Windows 7 and Mavericks installed (on separate HD's) and I want to have a dualboot option (like bootcamp) when I turn on the computer. As for now I just press f12 when Bios appears but I would like to have something more convenient. Any Ideas?

Finally at last!!!!
I jest started installing one by one all audio drivers in the MultiBeast until ultimatly the driver without dsdt and 885/889a is the one that worked.
Look in your motherboard's Manual. The audio chipset is listed there as well as your Ethernet chipset. :thumbup:

TomerL said:
Now to my second problem. I have both Windows 7 and Mavericks installed (on separate HD's) and I want to have a dual boot option (like bootcamp) when I turn on the computer. As for now I just press f12 when Bios appears but I would like to have something more convenient. Any Ideas?
Here you go: http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

and

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Ops, I guess I was too happy too soon. Once my computer went to sleep I lost audio again. Event after I rebooted.
How can I fix this?

Edit: after uninstalling and reinstalling like ten times, for some reason it started working again, also after a reboot.

How can I get it to be stable?

Oh and thanks for the dualboot guide, it works great

Hey BacMook,

First id like to say I love your build. Today I just bought a 4770k and a ud-4h from microcenter :). So it seems like your mavericks installation ran perfectly? Did you have any issues while setting up? I notice that the ud-4h isnt on the monthly buyers guide =/ I have 15 days to return my board incase i need to buy a ud-3h/ud-5h. thanks!

Thanks Stork :)

I upgraded to Mavericks on Thursday using a USB stick and it went perfectly. There's no longer any need to go through that weird process to get audio working on this board. The current drivers in Multibeast work brilliantly. Current MultiBeast config:

View attachment 71104
Now that I can boot with Kernel cache enabled, the machine boots up so much faster.

Mavericks detects my GPU properly now (ML reported it as a GK104):

View attachment 71106

[Edit]
iMessage now working by including FileNVRAM 1.1.2 in /Extra/modules (1.1.3 does not work).

hey bacmook, what about fans and heat in your build ?

are fans silent when you dont puch it up to limit running at 4,3 ?

Hi, I dropped the overclock to 4GHz for now. The system runs silently most of the time. Under extremely high loads the CPU fan becomes slightly audible, but not loud. Easily fixed by using a third-party cooler.

Temps are slightly high at 35ºC idle, to 70ºC under load. Again can be fixed with a better cooler.

GPU temps range from 24ºC idle to 60ºC running BF4 in Windows.

Hey BacMook,

First id like to say I love your build. Today I just bought a 4770k and a ud-4h from microcenter :). So it seems like your mavericks installation ran perfectly? Did you have any issues while setting up? I notice that the ud-4h isnt on the monthly buyers guide =/ I have 15 days to return my board incase i need to buy a ud-3h/ud-5h. thanks!

Hi. The UD4H is in the buyers guide and the installer... just works! To use Apple's phrase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back